New member.

ROG:

clark8:
Getting my just over a £1000 worth then

grouponelgvtraining.co.uk/#/ … 4520118015
For a Cat C 5 day course with group one would be £1080 + £115 = £1195 according to their site

If it is with them then I wonder how many days you will get for your money because the broker will want their cut !!

Brokers generally book 1 less day.

All together i have paid £1120.That’s for 4 days training with my test on the final day.Plus the £100 for my medical.
There medical cost was £56,but it was a 2 hour drive there.Would of cost more after petrol,so just went to my doctors.

Thanks for that jennie,if i run into any probs il drop you a pm :slight_smile:
As soon as i get my licence back i am going to get booked in for the theory and haz and then get the training underway.
What would a reasonable time frame be for waiting for training,if they do try and flog me of?

Cheers.

ROG:
For a Cat C 5 day course with group one would be £1080 + £115 = £1195 according to their siteIf it is with them then I wonder how many days you will get for your money because the broker will want their cut !!

clark8:
All together i have paid £1120.That’s for 4 days training with my test on the final day

Assuming it is this LGV training school then the broker has taken over £200 (one days worth of training) for just doing what you could have done with one phone call

Many have passed first time doing 4 days inc test instead of the usual 5 days inc test so its not all bad

It depends what they say to you but if u write everything down dates you spoke to them what was said things they have promised etc you will soon get the idea if they are fobbing you off or if real , if the former you already have ammunition for a claim if you keep a log of all correspondence , phone calls , emails etc and as soon as you feel something isn’t right get on to your credit card company to ask for a refund , the credit card company will call them to see what’s going on , if messing you around they will have a case and can refund your money , they then can issue (sorry cant remember off top of head) but basically its a black mark against them , if they get enough of these black marks they then become blacklisted for credit card companies who will not do business with them .

As I have said they may provide you with the training and all will be academic but if you decide to go for class 1 please go to a trainer where you have seen the vehs and the trainers and are happy with them , most assessment drives are free it gives you a good feel for the company and people that work there , a passionate trainer who believes in what they do are worth they’re weight in gold , they will want you to pass just as much as you do , I’ve experienced the not so good and also the most excellent and I would have paid twice the amount for the latter , and as it stood I did because ended up paying for the not so good then the good ,
I wish you all the best with your training
good luck :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for all your feedback guys.Much appreciated. :smiley:
Will see how it all goes and keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

Hi Neal!

Just wanted to also wish you luck with your training. How is it going?

LJA:
Hi Neal!

Just wanted to also wish you luck with your training. How is it going?

Cheers LJA :smiley:

No where at the moment.The dvla sent my medical form back the other day,it seems my doctor didn’t want to fill out half of the form so i gad to go back to the docs this morning to fill the rest out. :imp:

Hopefully it will be sorted now and i can book my theory and haz and get on with it :slight_smile:

clark8:
No where at the moment.The dvla sent my medical form back the other day,it seems my doctor didn’t want to fill out half of the form so i gad to go back to the docs this morning to fill the rest out. :imp:

Hopefully it will be sorted now and i can book my theory and haz and get on with it :slight_smile:

Oh dear, sorry to hear that mate. I hoped you asked for compensation for time wasted? :sunglasses:

LJA:

clark8:

Oh dear, sorry to hear that mate. I hoped you asked for compensation for time wasted? :sunglasses:

No i didn’t,should of really considering it was £100.

I got it back from the dvla on tuesday and phoned the docs and they told me to come in on friday.Got there and waited 20 mins while they sent it up to the doctor to fill out the bits he missed.The nurse came back down and handed it to me and said it was all sorted.I asked her to photo copy it again for the records.Then i asked her if the doctor had signed and dated it again,she said no.On the dvla letter it says he should sign and date it if any amendments had been made.They said he hadn’t amended it,just filled in the bits he missed.If that’s the case,i could of just ticked the bloody boxes my self,or got anyone to do it and the dvla would be none the wiser?.Hope it don’t come back again otherwise i will be asking for my money back :unamused:

clark8:
No i didn’t,should of really considering it was £100.

I got it back from the dvla on tuesday and phoned the docs and they told me to come in on friday.Got there and waited 20 mins while they sent it up to the doctor to fill out the bits he missed.The nurse came back down and handed it to me and said it was all sorted.I asked her to photo copy it again for the records.Then i asked her if the doctor had signed and dated it again,she said no.On the dvla letter it says he should sign and date it if any amendments had been made.They said he hadn’t amended it,just filled in the bits he missed.If that’s the case,i could of just ticked the bloody boxes my self,or got anyone to do it and the dvla would be none the wiser?.Hope it don’t come back again otherwise i will be asking for my money back :unamused:

Blimey! Yeah. Well, I’m glad they aren’t my local Doctors!! :laughing:

Just watched the step by step guide to digital tachographs from this forum.

Iv got a lot to learn.Confused a bit :confused:

clark8:
Just watched the step by step guide to digital tachographs from this forum.

Iv got a lot to learn.Confused a bit :confused:

Don’t worry about that mate. You only need to know how to press a couple of buttons! :smiley: Most important thing is getting that licence! :laughing:

It’s also a lot easier when you have the tacho head in front of you and use it day in day out.

Here’s a dilemma for ya.
Currently i work in a factory,i do monday to thursday,10 hours a day with fri sat sun of at £8 an hour.I can work fridays if i want at £10 an hour.I can also do outwork and get a little bit extra for the month.My average is about £1245 a month.
I don’t really like my job but it pays the bills.Was thinking maybe i should stay at my job and work weekends to gain experience for a while and then get my c+e.And once i have the experience i could go on and find a full time job driving.Your expert advice would be appreciated :smiley:

Cheers.

clark8:
Currently i work in a factory,i do monday to thursday,10 hours a day with fri sat sun off
I can work fridays if i want

If you do mon to fri at factory then this is possible … viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93127&start=30#p1338099

Cheers for that rog :slight_smile:
Got my provisional through today so I can finally book my theory and haz :wink:

Nothing much to report here,just to say I’m booked in for my theory and haz on the 28th May.quite excited :smiley:

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with it Neal! I’ve just completed my theory tests (yesterday), so I know how you feel :slight_smile: Are you booked in to do the case studies test at the same time (if you ended up being able to arrange something with the provider)? I ended up doing all three back to back on the same day – module 1 theory and hazard + module 2 case studies – and it was a lot easier than I anticipated it would be… either that or I was lucky with the question draw :wink:

Anyway, best of luck again mate. Hope all goes well.

Iv spoken to a few lorry drivers now who deliver to the company I work with,just asking general questions and getting all the info I can get.they have been nothing but helpfull.all top blokes.don’t know where this so called bad rep comes from.
Big thank you to them:-)

Past my theory today :smiley:

But failed my haz badly with the worst score i have ever got :cry: .
I done a couple of mock tests this morning and passed all of them with 75% and above.And have passed most of them before.But this seemed different,i had to click alot quicker compared to what i have practiced on.Gutted.