Hi Gents name is carl been driving for a couple of years and i am going to be getting a hgv sat nav anyone reccomend one please

kind regards

carl

ettie ket

If you click the link in my signature (under this message) it will take you to an excellent thread with loads of information for before you start training including recommended (by members of this forum) training schools

The driving scene has recently been an employers market, with the more experienced guys finding work over the newbies HOWEVER this now seems to have changed and recent posts on this forum shows newbies are finding full time work
:bulb: It might be worthwhile looking at WORK FOR NEWBIES

This post might be useful if you do go doing the HGV route :arrow_right: Job Hunting

Assuming you havent got C1 entitlement on your licence you will need to do the the INITAL CPC

ettie ket:
Hi Gents name is carl been driving for a couple of years and i am going to be getting a hgv sat nav anyone reccomend one please

Welcome to TrucknetUK ettie ket :smiley:

I use a Tomtom and road atlas and neither have ever let me down though I’m sure other people will have their own best buys :wink:

You’ve been driving for a couple of years so I’m not sure why tonka236 is assuming that you haven’t yet started training :confused:

Perhaps you could put an end to any confusion and let us know if you already drive HGVs :wink:

Welcome carl
jennie x

Hi ettie ket,

I’ve moved your topic to where it’s better suited. :smiley:

HIYYAAA ettie ket , I hear a lot of people saying Tomtom for sat nav - I only have a good road map it does me ok ,although I should imagine if you needed to find post codes it would probably be easier with a sat nav , & welcome :smiley:

ANY SATNAV will be suitable for use in a truck, even 1 that costs £30+
if you need specific POIs ask over in the pocketgpsworld forum, for bridge hight POIs check out willow-house.co.uk.
rawandpeace.co.uk/willow-house-t … mPoIs.html
for other POIs check out [www.poiplaza.com](http://www.poiplaza.com). [poiplaza.com/index.php?p=dc& ... g=&d=&pg=2](http://www.poiplaza.com/index.php?p=dc&c=42&lpg=&d=&pg=2) All of them FREE!! load the pois into the satnav map file, set the warnings to your taste … and away you go

anyone know what happened to trucknav.napalmfiles.com/ ■■?
I have these on file somewhere but the sites offline atm