New Member Question

Hello all,

Hope everyone is all good?

I’ve a questions and hope someone can let me know what the answer is.
I’m going through the proccess of getting my class 1 and class 2 licence, I’ve had my medical, taken and passed my hazard perception and theroy test and have my module 2 CPC this week.

What is the situation after i hopefully pass the CPC module 2?

Many thanks,
Paul

PabloG:
Hello all,

Hope everyone is all good?

I’ve a questions and hope someone can let me know what the answer is.
I’m going through the proccess of getting my class 1 and class 2 licence, I’ve had my medical, taken and passed my hazard perception and theroy test and have my module 2 CPC this week.

What is the situation after i hopefully pass the CPC module 2?

Many thanks,
Paul

I guess you need to do your practical driving test.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

You are in a position to book your practical driving course and test now. Even if Mod 2 goes wrong, it doesn’t have any effect on your driving course and test.

And out of interest, our Open Day offers are still in place - but dont hang about!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the repilies, So if i pass the cpc module 4 would i be able to drive up 7.5t straight away?

Yes, if you have a full C1 on your licence.

Happy days. Well I’ve C1 on my license and just passed my cpc module 2. So do i have to get my tacho card sorted the good to go?

Well I’ve C1 on my license and just passed my cpc module 2. So do i have to get my tacho card sorted the good to go

Yes, you need tacho card. And also Mod 4. Then the world is your oyster!

Lovely… Test booked for cat c late November but in the mean time i’m guessing can drive 7.5 once i’ve sent off and got my tacho card?

PabloG:
Lovely… Test booked for cat c late November but in the mean time i’m guessing can drive 7.5 once i’ve sent off and got my tacho card?

The prerequisites to drive commercially are the category entitlement, driver qualification card (cpc) and the tachograph driver card of course. From what you say you may not have done enough to get a DQC issued, as the forum sponsor pointed out in his last post.

Noremac:

PabloG:

The prerequisites to drive commercially are the category entitlement, driver qualification card (cpc) and the tachograph driver card of course. From what you say you may not have done enough to get a DQC issued, as the forum sponsor pointed out in his last post.

No worries, i understand now. I thought CPC module 2 would let me drive 7.5t but need to do module 4 to be able to?

So my options now are wait till the end of November and pass module 4 to get CPC card or can i do a 35 training course to get my CPC card before that?

Having done module 2, probably just doing module 4 would be your best bet. It is my understanding that there is no need to wait. DQC for lorries will cover everything up to C+E for 5 years.

Ok well this is my situation, I jacked in my job at the end of February and booked to do my hgv license. With covid and all the cancellations this has proper slowed down my plans so since March been doing some driving temp work, good hours but crappy pay. My 4 day training and test and cpc mod 4 isn’t until the end of November. So i was thinking can i do a 35 hour cpc course and get my cpc card then drive 7.5t?

If you hold a full C1 licence, then yes.

PabloG:
Ok well this is my situation, I jacked in my job at the end of February and booked to do my hgv license. With covid and all the cancellations this has proper slowed down my plans so since March been doing some driving temp work, good hours but crappy pay. My 4 day training and test and cpc mod 4 isn’t until the end of November. So i was thinking can i do a 35 hour cpc course and get my cpc card then drive 7.5t?

I may be missing something, but could you not enquire about doing mod 4 with a 7.5 tonne early? It would be worth checking this out because honestly you will have enough of sitting in a classroom in the future.

Mod 4 can be done with C or C1 provided the candidate has a provisional licence and has passed Mod 2.

Did you get free pre 97 C1 :question: