New member looking for advice

Hiya. The forum looks great. Just looking for a little advice.

I have a HGV 2 licence gained approximately 20 years ago. I used it quite regularly back then doing lot of different agency work but have not driven a HGV in approx 7 years.

I didn’t need a CPC or a digi tacho back then and the entitlement is possibly going to expire soon. I’ve been doing a job much different to HGV driving but I’m interested in going back to it before doing my class 1.

Having been out for so long what’s the route back? Do I need to take a CPC and gain a digi tacho? Then apply for a position?

Thanks in advance.

Yep and yep
You need a current Dcpc and a Digi card to drive commercially

What positions do you plan to apply for? There aren’t any. Thousands of drivers sat at home waiting for work.

I won’t be applying anytime soon. Just noticed the entitlement was due to run out in the next year or so and I’ve been thinking about a change. Not one to rush it though so the current situation will be well gone by time I’m due to move. Thanks guys, looks like I’ll renew and do the tach and CPC before completing the c+e.

What area are you based?

I’m in the North West, not far from Warrington.

Kpetes:
I’m in the North West, not far from Warrington.

I live in Warrington mate.

And there is little to no worthwhile wagon steering work going. Unless you want to do Class 1 agency for Hermes and be spied on all day with the in-cab camera :unamused:

If its about to expire on the licence, I’m guessing you’ve hit 40. In which case you’ll need a medical too before that expiry date (or before you can drive class 2’s at least). Not too expensive with someone like the people sponsoring one of the forums, but a bit of a pain to get currently.