New Member/Going for HGV

First off il start with the hello part
Im going for my HGV,got my medical in two days time.
I am just wondering if anyone can give me advice,hints or tips about driving(if i pass my medical)

I know this is a bit early but hey… :laughing:

Welcome Mezz

Firstly, read most of the posts lower down this page. Dont fall into the same trap as a few of us have. Know what you want…find it locally and let the forum guys know before parting with money :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

I’m due for my medical next week actually

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Mezz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

The borders eh??!!!

Who you training with? Jim Shanks■■?

Apparently, he`s spot on, really good, 1 to 1 training, reaonably priced.

colinb:
The borders eh??!!!

Who you training with? Jim Shanks■■?

Apparently, he`s spot on, really good, 1 to 1 training, reaonably priced.

im not to sure who it will be with,its the council that are giving me the chance

Mezz:
im not to sure who it will be with,its the council that are giving me the chance

Will be Jim Paxton then.Best in the business.

:smiley: Hi Mezz, WELCOME :grimacing:

Good luck. :wink:

some one asked me today if i will need to sit two tests…i dont know lol.
iv only just been driving for over 3 years and i know that means i cant drive 7.5 tonners,will i have to sit a test for that aswell,or will the hgv cover it?
any ideas?

You can go straight to cat. C, you don’t have to do C1 (7.5t) first. Obviously this assumes you meet the minimum age requirement.

Mezz:
iv only just been driving for over 3 years and i know that means i cant drive 7.5 tonners,will i have to sit a test for that aswell,or will the hgv cover it?
any ideas?

Are you 21 or over ? If you are go straight to Class C YOU GET 7.5 TON FREEEE

Buy One Get One Free

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Mezz:
any ideas?

Are you 21 or over ? If you are go straight to Class C YOU GET 7.5 TON FREEEE

Buy One Get One Free

brilliant thank you :smiley: oh and yes im over 21 :laughing:

Hello :smiley:

There are lots of very experienced and helpful chaps on here, sadly I am not one of them, but regardless a huge welcome from me. :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

Welcome Mezz
Good luck with your training and yes you do go straight for Cat C if you are over 21.

(By the way some schools are insisting that their new drivers have to take 7.5 before Cat C - another scam to watch out for)

Mezz:
oh and yes im over 21 :laughing:

So am I :exclamation: - just… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Hey Mezz, im in the borders. Passed my class 2 yesterday, Jim Shanks was my instructor. Great guy, good to get on with, great teacher, helps alot with your confidence.

Which part of the borders are you in?

KingMonkey80:
Hey Mezz, im in the borders. Passed my class 2 yesterday, Jim Shanks was my instructor. Great guy, good to get on with, great teacher, helps alot with your confidence.

Which part of the borders are you in?

im in hawick,got my medical in a few hrs :confused:

:laughing: im in Hawick, are the council putting you through so you can drive the refuse trucks. I used to work for the council in the parks department.

Good luck with your medical, im sure you will be fine

KingMonkey80:
:lol:are the council putting you through so you can drive the refuse trucks. I used to work for the council in the parks department

yes they are i get two attempt at both the theory and the test itself,if i fail both times,then i have to pay.
medical was a breeze…now i guess the hard work begins :cry:

ROG:

Mezz:

yeah right!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Giblsa:

ROG:

Mezz:

yeah right!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, it depends how one defines ‘JUST’ :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: