New Member and Assessment Drive Experience

Well done again for passing your mod 2 dar1976, any idea when you’ll be starting your driver training yet? :smiley:

Hopefully in the next 4 weeks so I can get it out of the way before the new addition is born :smiley:

I am hoping to get a 2 : 1 slot. Unless anyone advises against it. My trainers have said it’s better as you learn from each others positives and negatives

Any advice (either way) would be helpful. I am keeping an open mind on it although I do sort of see their point.

Dean

Rang this morning and got a weeks training booked for 4th October. It gives me a couple of weeks to take deep breaths.

As I have no acquired rights I have never driven anything bigger than a 3.5t Luton (apart from the 40 min assessment drive) so I am slightly nervous (to understate it).

Hoping it all goes well though.

Will let you know how it goes and try and post up a diary of my training.

It’s been great reading all the information on the TNUK forum. Thanks to all those who have given great advice.

Dean

Well done on your passes and good luck for the 4th oct

look forward to reading your diary of training

J x

Thanks Jennie

Just sitting here thinking about it is giving me knots in my stomach.

I just hope those bad car habits don’t catch up with me and bite me.

Dean

Dont worry about your car habits your instrutor will iron those out try blanking your rear view mirror off gets you looking in your side mirrors i did that the whole time was training and taking the route of the truck with my car for turns etc must off driven other drivers mad approaching junctions like atruck slowing down in plenty of time but i just thought hey they havent spent a lot of money going for this so they will just have to put up with me :stuck_out_tongue:
Jx

Hi dar1976, you haven’t got long until your training starts, I assume you have your test on the last day, have you read up on your vehicle checks show me tell me questions & how to work your tacho - just a suggestion (there not difficult) but they will ask you some questions. Enjoy your training & good luck with your test …& come back & tell us how it all went :smiley: