new man tgx

looks like they sorted the lower corner and front corner panel problems out hopefully they put small steering wheel, flush fitting fridge and new bed and think they have a winner

commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … of-its-new

Now that is a good looking truck

+1

Everything op said :slight_smile:

Be happy to see the back of the dustbin lid wheel if they do get rid of it?

Wish they would split the mirrors a little as well, bloody massive blind spots, dangerous till you get used to being in one, missed a couple of things on the way into roundabouts when I first drove one, now I find I have to rock back and forth like a demented mad man to make sure I don’t take people out :slight_smile:

Out of all the new trucks being released just now, I have to admit that the MAN looks the best of them all.

Engine gained some guts?..gearbox any more use than a chocolate teapot?

think still same old engine just with new face lift aero dynamics to meet euro 6 conditions. from look on man site few little tweeks like hole in draw for 24v socket. still same big crappy steering wheel. doesnt show rest of cab so think from looks its still same crappy stick out fridge and bunk lay out

I agree with Wang’s comment under the story:

Wang
I can’t get over how fresh and exciting it looks. The exterior design speaks to you. It’s suddenly youthful in appearance, but still reflecting a maturity level that inherently boasts solidness, power and capability.

Shame more people dont spec the manual gearbox with the comfort shift, rather than the standard fit auto, would be one of my favourite trucks to drive then.

i struggled to figure why it was called a comfort shift when 1st drove one lol was half way through shift when i figured what button was on side of gears done :unamused: must say i enjoyed rest of shift from there but prefered the auto in these lazy days of sitting in traffic ques

kevchalluk:
I agree with Wang’s comment under the story:

Wang
I can’t get over how fresh and exciting it looks. The exterior design speaks to you. It’s suddenly youthful in appearance, but still reflecting a maturity level that inherently boasts solidness, power and capability.

:slight_smile: Wang by name, Wang by nature!!!

I think it’s the best looking truck out of the new releases. I hate all the “waveyness” of the new shapes like the body work has been stretched over the chassis. What ever happened to straight lines and square lights.

Looks great so does the new scania

Well if thats going to be Scania’s latest offering the look of that should put a lot o folk of buying them UGLY is the only way to describe that if you look at the commercial motor blog above somebody described the Man as aggresive wait till he see’s Scania’s latest. Eddie.

That’s just a re-skinned Merc by some artist, nothing to do with Scania. I doubt they will release an updated cab anytime soon as the R-series was tweeked not long ago with the angular air grill vents for euro 6, they look pretty modern anyway.

That Man is a very nice looking truck, the Scania looks like it belongs in a Mad Max film !

Why do people dislike a big steering wheel? Not that I’m fussed lol just wondered why, it’s not something I think about normally.

because its not comfy when your arms are doing the splits for long distance

I see, I dive our tgs every now and again and find it ok.