New magazine out

Just spotted a new magazine in Tesco, Road Haulage Archive, looks like 1st edition, main subject Seddon in this one, some excellent photos, £7.95.
Les.

Thanks for the heads up. I shall have a look, but at £7-95 a pop I shall probably stick with fishing out any info I want here on Trucknet. I have always found with magazines that if for example you have a particular make of vehicle, it can be months before a feature you are interested in appears.
The adverts can be usefull though. Jim.

ye looks like first of a series

This isn’t so much a new magazine but one that has changed publishers, Vintage Roadscene has been around for a few years published by Key Publishing but has now changed hands to Kelsey publishers of that other Commercial Mag which receives a bit of stick from site members and past subscribers so how much they will alter what was a good Vintage Commercial mag remains to be seen but looking at the front cover I have already spotted Seddon pics that have appeared before in the aforementioned magazine. Kelsey have a history of putting old articles together and bringing them out as a ‘special’ as if they are something new and unseen. I would have to have a flick through the pages to see if they are old hat pics or unseen which I doubt very much. A sceptical Franky!

^^ Also a sceptical ROF! Most of us know Kelsey of old. :unamused:

Well having a soft spot for the Seddon Diesel marque I asked the Mrs to buy this issue to satisfy my curiosity and hopefully look at some unseen pics. Its thicker than your average mag and you would expect that for almost £8:00, however the text is limited too much so for me, it gives a potted history, parts of which I didn’t know but I would have liked to have read more. As for the photo’s, all good quality and includes all the different models but some I have seen before which I suppose is inevitable, the last section is about restored Seddons and those we all have seen many times, however when it came to the big 30:Four:6LX model, not a one and I know a restored version exists which could have been included yet for some reason Kelsey seems to have avoided this fine restoration. The inclusion of the brochures however is a good touch as they include technical data. Will I buy the next issue, not sure depends if its a make I have an interest in but I’ll have to wait and see as the issue doesn’t say whats coming next, they did include an ad for subscription to CVC though! I’ve added the pic of John Norman’s Seddon which I thought might have been in the restorations section. Franky.