New Lorries

I doubt i will ever buy a lorry, but today i passed McBurneys R730, i have no idea what the list price would be for one of these, but im sure this went on the road with 20 other R480s for McBurney at the same time, so im quite sure a deal would have been done on this and the proberly never paid the list price. The same with Jenkinsons and Stobart the volume of new scanias that they put on the road they must get some sort of “mega deal” price that the average punter would never get?, or if you were ordering a new motor of the exact same spec at the same time could you get a better deal on it as it would just be another one tagged onto the order, ie 21 instead of 20?. Or is this all secret sqirrel stuff for the big hauliers only.

You are correct, an R730 to you or me would be about £130K.

Silver_Surfer:

It maybe a little more mate, a bloke who i sub off he as R620 and that cost him £118k.

big trucker rob:

Silver_Surfer:

It maybe a little more mate, a bloke who i sub off he as R620 and that cost him £118k.

118 k for a truck that’s a lot of beer tokens ,unless you’ve got your fingers in other pies there’s no way you could justify spending that much ! On the other hand if you want to keep your tax bill down or have small ■■■■■ syndrome go by one

Fleet discounts are down to the dealer. Maritime usually get a big discount, but we’ve just cancelled 6 mercs as they wouldn’t do a deal on that few. Also scantruck won’t do deals which is why our scanias come from truck east who will. Same with the dafs. Chassis cab no, harris yes

OVLOV JAY:
Fleet discounts are down to the dealer. Maritime usually get a big discount, but we’ve just cancelled 6 mercs as they wouldn’t do a deal on that few. Also scantruck won’t do deals which is why our scanias come from truck east who will. Same with the dafs. Chassis cab no, harris yes

From what I have heard, there is another reason that Maritime won’t use Chassis Cab, have you not noticed that there are no DAF’s based at Felixstowe depot? :wink:

monarch of the highway:

big trucker rob:

Silver_Surfer:

118 k for a truck that’s a lot of beer tokens ,unless you’ve got your fingers in other pies there’s no way you could justify spending that much ! On the other hand if you want to keep your tax bill down or have small ■■■■■ syndrome go by one

You could justify it if you were doing about 10 grand a week with it.

shuttlespanker:

OVLOV JAY:

From what I have heard, there is another reason that Maritime won’t use Chassis Cab, have you not noticed that there are no DAF’s based at Felixstowe depot? :wink:

Yeah, they’re adamant they won’t even pay them for an inspection. A lot of bad blood between their top brass and Derek Daly in fleet, apparently

OVLOV JAY:
Fleet discounts are down to the dealer. Maritime usually get a big discount

It is an MMTM, but I have been told that Maritime get such a big discount that they sell the trucks when they are 18 months old for the same price as they paid for them.

I know when hino made there big push with the demise of foden the rumor was if you bought 10 you basically got one free.

Harry Monk:

OVLOV JAY:
Fleet discounts are down to the dealer. Maritime usually get a big discount

It is an MMTM, but I have been told that Maritime get such a big discount that they sell the trucks when they are 18 months old for the same price as they paid for them.

Maybe a few years back, but the gap between the purchase and the buy back are now miles apart. When I was on express freight, the boss bought 20 fh’s a year for 60k each with a 44k buy back on two years. He used to sell for 52k and any he didn’t, went back. Although the prices have now gone up, they’re buy back hasn’t. But in saying that, maritime buy more than that and don’t have buy backs tied in, so probably still get a good list price

kr79:
I know when hino made there big push with the demise of foden the rumor was if you bought 10 you basically got one free.

think you’d need those numbers the other way round :wink:

Any haulier sniffing round with a big purchase order will soon have the dealer picking up the batphone to the manufacturer for some more help in discounting a deal, they will both want to make to sure they come up with the best package to be sure they don’t lose out to the opposition.
Without giving to much away I know the likes of Maritime will be looking for a 30-40% discount in return for pre-ordering their trucks 12 months in advance, dunno how Stobbys work it as most of theirs are on lease contract.