New, looking for advice on training centres

i live in the nuneaton / leicester area.

so far been in touch with.

Sterling, 4 days on each and do a guaranteed pass scheme for a total of £2048

clearstone are 5 days on each and for £2398 can have 2 extra attempts at the test. and say can get you working when passed for £550 per week class 1.

ATT are more local and will do 5 days on each for £1764 and £230 for a retest.

anyone got any good advice or know of any good companies?

thank you.

waynedance:
clearstone are 5 days on each and for £2398 can have 2 extra attempts at the test. and say can get you working when passed for £550 per week class 1.

Take a look here:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16991

Welcome BTW :slight_smile:

Personally I am not a fan of these ‘Guaranteed Pass’ schemes. You will find that trainees still have to pay for use of vehicle for re-test if they fail the first or second time.
Also I would advice that all new trainees pay for one course with test on cat c and see how they get on before booking cat c +e.
Just my thoughts but I find its the best way to go.

hi wayndance i did my training with CTT in wolverhampton, no guaranteed pass - I have now completed my class C & my C + E …

I had to take 1 retest for class C, and 2 retests for my C+E it still only cost me £2000 altogether.

wills

wills:
hi wayndance i did my training with CTT in wolverhampton, no guaranteed pass - I have now completed my class C & my C + E …

I had to take 1 retest for class C, and 2 retests for my C+E it still only cost me £2000 altogether.

wills

CTT do look good, chespest so far (if they include VAT) is about 44miles from my house but i do not mind he traveling for the right training.

thank you.

contacted CTT today, their online prices state

5 day (5hrs per day) £645
but says correct at 2002.

called them and the nice lady said price is now £595, can’t believe its cheaper, she said people from as far as wales go there as its so cheap.

i will be their as soon as i can, thank you for the info wills.

i had better got to know the roads out that way.

the local training centre wants £883…righty o.

again THANKS.

that price seems very reasonable - i’m in derby, the school considering want over £900 for the same sort of course. The wolverhampton one is only 20 mile round trip further so may consider them. Is there training 1-1 as the one i am looking at is.

seems to be 2 persons to the instructor.

they have good feedback on this forum, hence the reason i called them.

i called them twice as i could not believe the price was so cheap.

waynedance:
seems to be 2 persons to the instructor.

they have good feedback on this forum, hence the reason i called them.

i called them twice as i could not believe the price was so cheap.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: no probs waynedance Tell you what at this rate I’m gonna have to call them myself & ask about Commission :laughing: :laughing:

red7jase - the training is 2 pupils 1 instructor, but I can assure you can nearly learn as much by watching the other trainee as being in the driver seat yourself…& after the session has finished you will realise that was enough for 1 day.

i can’t wait, medical is in 2 weeks so i guess 5 weeks till licence comes back.

i will go and order the theory book and look for a hazard cd or something, give me a few weeks to read up.

i think i have a tacho video somewhere, what do i need to know for the theory or practical.

I passed with Clearstone 6 months ago - still havnt even had a phone call from them regarding work.

I have met a few people who have passed with Clearstone both on and offline. All of them paid more than those that went direct to a training company AND none of them have ever been offered work by them since !!!

G

ive booked up with ctt myself i start oct 3 £702 with a saturday test
well cheap and they dsa approved wich is a bonus

stvme2519:
ive booked up with ctt myself i start oct 3 £702 with a saturday test
well cheap and they dsa approved wich is a bonus

what price was you quoted, i was told a 5 day (5hr) was £595

i can not wait till i can book mine, got to get the medial done first on the 15/08/06

is october the first date they had, is there a waiting list?

im doing my class 1 with them and it only date i could do as my work will only let 7 drivers off at one time so my hols start oct 3 for 2 weeks
as for price its 595 for course plus test fee on top which is 107 for sat test think it touch cheaper for monday test
when i chose them it was wills that think posted so i rang them up they was cheapest …every one else i was ringing was around 1000 plus mark
id found one place think it was advertised back of one of the 2 monthly truck mags and they was around wolves walsall area they was same price but think it was one man band and no one had heard of him so i chose ctt instead
topgear who i done my class 2 with 4 years ago wanted grand plus
think when i rang ctt they could of put me on next course which im sure was 10 day wait at most think there courses are tuesday to friday with test on sat our monday, wills might be able to confirm this more
if i was u mate i know u got bit of travelling but i think even with fuel costs ull save money

i will surely be going to CTT as no where around where i live is so cheap.

i believe i it will cost me £595 and that will include a weekday test, this is what it says in the info book.

as said can’t wait, got my letter from work today. Going to be made reduntant sometime from now till christmas so a bit of a rush to get passed.