New look truck and driver mag

I got the [new look] truck and driver mag today ,they have stopped showing the odd posts that were on trucknet,not much difference other than that,get a free smelly aswell :neutral_face:

Since this site is associated with T&D I expect some of their laudable journo’s will be
slashing their wrists after your comments.

Armagedon:
Since this site is associated with T&D I expect some of their laudable journo’s will be
slashing their wrists after your comments.

No i wasnt having a whinge,its still best out of the truck mags,its just it had a bit each month where there were a few good posts off tnet printed in the magazine,not anymore :confused:

Must be an age thing I do like some of those Classic mags but I prefer France Routes
and Les Routier,don’t understand all the words but the pics are good and the storys
relevant,our British mags just seem to dish it up with contempt for the purchaser
which is why at the end of the month so many remain unsold.
Waste of trees perhaps.

Bought it this morning and admit it is difficult to see any difference Art editor Tim
Noonan and his team spent ‘many months’ to get it right so anyone wanting an Art
Editors job do get in touch with T&D.As for the rest editor Colin Barnett slags off
‘Brake’, nice one Colin and the article on Canada looks interesting so it will offer
reading over the next month while waiting somewhere.

Armagedon:
Must be an age thing I do like some of those Classic mags but I prefer France Routes
and Les Routier,don’t understand all the words but the pics are good and the storys
relevant,our British mags just seem to dish it up with contempt for the purchaser
which is why at the end of the month so many remain unsold.
Waste of trees perhaps.

They seem to revel in telling you the law and show plenty when it comes to convictions.
I would be nice to have a mag that came across from a drivers point of view, instead you get endless articles about blue chip company’s, and cole and sons are never out of it.
Filled with the same advertising, and some of the products they have tested in the past are pointless.

The last two test matchs that have been in truck and driver,[the alco merc and daf also the knowles daf and volvo]were both done commercial motor a few week ago,must try harder lads :blush:

Magazines are pretty much clinging onto their medium by their eyelashes now, the internet will no doubt push them into extinction.

The retro side of me wouldn’t mind a free copy though :wink:

Armagedon:
Bought it this morning and admit it is difficult to see any difference Art editor Tim
Noonan and his team spent ‘many months’ to get it right so anyone wanting an Art
Editors job do get in touch with T&D.As for the rest editor Colin Barnett slags off
‘Brake’, nice one Colin and the article on Canada looks interesting so it will offer
reading over the next month while waiting somewhere.

I take it you’re a very slow reader then? The entire mag can be read cover to cover in around an hour.

wired4smoke:
It would be nice to have a mag that came across from a drivers point of view.

Yeh, a mag like the old “Headlight” (ask your Dad if you are under 30)

There is too much space devoted to pictures and not enough to text. I can see why that is, as a picture can fill a page in a much less time-consuming manner than writing 750 words, but if I wanted to look at pictures of trucks I’d go on Flickr and do it for nothing.

More researched, relevant copy please, and less V8/FH16/SuperSpaceCab pictures.

That said, since its change of editor a while ago Trucking is increasingly going the way of T&D, sadly. Trucking has really lost out with the apparent departure of Bob Tuck to and his truck on trial articles to CM, which were worth reading nine times our of ten. Now most of it seems to be manufacturers’ PR people-generated content.