New licences have Union Jack/Flag on them

Just received my licence back, and along with the blue rectangle in the top left stating my licence is a UK one, I now have a rather large and tastelessly composed union jack on the right hand side. I don’t remember that before?

But it got me wondering, why do I need 2 clear and obvious indicators on my licence to show it’s a British licence?

Because it isn’t a ‘British’ licence it is a British federal EU state issued EU licence. :bulb:

Carryfast:
Because it isn’t a ‘British’ licence it is a British federal EU state issued EU licence. :bulb:

That’s got to be the shortest reply I’ve ever seen you post on here.[emoji12] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Doesn’t count. Didn’t answer the question of why 2 clear indicators… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m surprised it’s not white … After all we’ve surrendered to everything else :unamused:

Evil8Beezle:
Doesn’t count. Didn’t answer the question of why 2 clear indicators… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Probably trying to pretend that it isn’t a federal EU licence to appease the Conservative anti EU vote. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Another con

I’m 17 quid worse off after sending my photocard licence to DVLA for a new one, apparently HGV drivers need to update the photo every 5 years. Meanwhile my Digicard and DCPC card still have the old photo on them, will they be scamming another 34 quid out of me to get them changed too■■?

Maybe a reluctant nod to the fact that we may not be in Europe within the next couple of years?

schrodingers cat:
Maybe a reluctant nod to the fact that we may not be in Europe within the next couple of years?

Thinking outside the box eh? :wink: I guess it’s possible…

Evil8Beezle:
Just received my licence back, and along with the blue rectangle in the top left stating my licence is a UK one, I now have a rather large and tastelessly composed union jack on the right hand side. I don’t remember that before?

But it got me wondering, why do I need 2 clear and obvious indicators on my licence to show it’s a British licence?

More to the point; why do you need an HGV entitlement on it, you sad old donkey?

V40LLY:
More to the point; why do you need an HGV entitlement on it, you sad old donkey?

on the kill list now had enough :smiley: