New Learner!

Hi All,
I’m a new member to this forum (which is great btw). :smiley: I’m also new to driving. I’m looking to book my theory test as soon as possible but I was wondering how you studied for your test. I’m not great at tests so will need to revise for sure!
Which product did you use? There is so many to choose from!
How long did you study for?
I really would like to pass it first time as I know that all the tests will end up costing a fortune! :open_mouth:

Thanks in advance

Check out the link in my signature as well as the other stickies in this forum before going any further and all you need should be there

Where in the UK are you?

try speaking to peter smyth in the newbie section he will help and adivse.

my own advice would be dont wory too much about ‘not being good at tests’ this will only place extra pressure on you, just think more along the lines of i have studied i know this and i can pass it.

welcome to the forum

Good luck!

The theory test is common sense really, you’ll know 80% of it without even looking at a book. I found the worst bit the hazard perception, which I just scraped :blush:

There’s mock tests (or at least ere used to be) on (I think) the Dvla website that you can practice on, and there are DVDs you can practice the hazard perception on.

Good luck!

The theory test is common sense really, you’ll know 80% of it without even looking at a book. I found the worst bit the hazard perception, which I just scraped :blush:

There’s mock tests (or at least ere used to be) on (I think) the Dvla website that you can practice on, and there are DVDs you can practice the hazard perception on.

I’m in the Midlands.

Is there any specific Theory Test products you would recommend? Or would you say to join with a training center and use their resources?

Trucker777:
I’m in the Midlands.

Is there any specific Theory Test products you would recommend? Or would you say to join with a training center and use their resources?

Links to theory practice products are contained within the link in my signature below

Midlands is a large area so can you be a little more specific?

HI Rog,
Sorry, I’m in Staffordshire. Which product would you say is the best one.
Thankyou for your help :slight_smile:

Trucker777:
HI Rog,
Sorry, I’m in Staffordshire. Which product would you say is the best one.
Thankyou for your help :slight_smile:

i just used the book and as said most is common sense im in staffs too Lichfield where are you thinking of doing your theroy and practical■■?

Not sure there is a best product - the DVSA ones are good but most others are also a virtual copy of those

Many free online LGV theory tests about - just google them

If on the Leicestershire side of your county then I would take a look at DATA ACADEMY not far from the M69/M1 junction

For my revision I payed 7 quid in the App Store, can’t argue with the price for how much it helped me out, there is a training mode were you go through every single question and it keeps track of your progress, once you answer all questions correct just move on to mock tests that are provided.

I tended to do about an hours revision near enough every day for about 2 weeks, come test day I’d revised that much that although you get 1 hour and 45 for the multiple choice I’d finished it in about 15 minutes! Passed scoring 97 so can’t complain!

As for the hazard perception, is strongly recommend getting the dvsa official disc which is a massive help…this was the one I was more worried about not doing well on but again I passed with 86 :slight_smile:

One thing I will say when revising the multiple choice is always read and memorise the explanations of any incorrect answers rather than just memorising the actual answers! Worked a treat for me.

As the OP is new to driving I am going to assume they have only recently passed the cat test so the HPT should be ok as its virtually the same as the car one but with more clips and a higher pass percentage rate

Trucker777 - I’ve still got my dvd for both theory and haz test from training centre, by pc learn I think but I thought was very good plus official one I bought from DVSA, your more than welcome to them if you pm your address.

As said the theory is common sense and quite easy, the dvd lets you practice every question and print them all out if you want to.

The haz test well that takes a bit of getting used to so you don’t fall foul of clicking too often and getting zero for that clip. Practise practise and practise then just go for it.

You’ll do fine , not as bad as it all sounds or looks at first