New Layout

I have problems to see the photos on this side. Who can help. On the side of Frans Maas i can only see te photos for the half.

On the side from Bubbelman i cant see his photos enymore.

Please help.

Regards, Bert Wolters

WHY CAN`T PEOPLE PLEASE JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE :imp: , AND YES I KNOW I AM SHOUTING

Quite agree, I don,t like the style of the new layout of this site.

Hello.

Stil i have the problem i can only see the half of the photos. That is on al the postings.

Also the pictures from Bubbelman i cant see.

Who can help me wat i must do to change it.

Bert Wolters

I have asked Techman to take a look at this and see what we can do

Bert,
I can only see half the pictures now too, what a shame. Pity a bloomin great piece of the page is now taken by advertisments. If we cannot view the pictures we are posting there will be no point in putting them on here.

Dieselcowboy:
Bert,
I can only see half the pictures now too, what a shame. Pity a bloomin great piece of the page is now taken by advertisments. If we cannot view the pictures we are posting there will be no point in putting them on here.

Dieselcowboy,

I agree with you. It’ a shame. Maybe thy cane chance it. We must wait a few days. Then i look if i must go on putting photos by the story abbout Frans Maas.

Bert Wolters

Bert, if it doesn’t change I shan’t be using it. Instead I will either e-mail you pictures a few at a time, or send you a disc, I cannot be doing with trying to work on this format, too compressed, too much advertising and half pictures.

I fail to see peoples problem with posting pictures with tags, it requires much less code than the old way.

The forum is not going to be downgraded back to the old version, its just not possible. There are maybe a few minor bugs at the moment for people using internet explorer but they can be sorted out I’m sure. Theres really no need for all this complaining and moaning.

What you gonna do when the old analog telivision channels are switched off next year or whenever it is ■■ Omg I can’t use all this new crap it don’t work properly, TV people I demand you reinstate the old 40yo technology!

Things change and move on for the better.

Rikki and Techman have done a fabulous job repairing and upgrading the forum, how do you think it feels to them that all their hard work is critisized and torn apart ■■ Praise and thankyous would be much nicer.

Rikki-UK:
I have asked Techman to take a look at this and see what we can do

Get rid of that poxy advert border for a start. Makes this site look cheap apart from it buggers up the display of photos. :unamused:
I have managed to block the ads anyway just can’t get rid of the ■■■■ border. :imp:

How to -

Add (Copy and Paste) these lines to the file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1 adserver.adtech.de
127.0.0.1 ads.gmodules.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead1.googlesyndication.com

perhaps you should take time to read other posts where it is acknowledged that alot of hard work has been put in? Yes things change, but not necessarily for the better. We know that it will not go back to the old site, this has been explained, but we would like a format that is easy to use, with less space taken up by adverts, full pictures on here, and by the way, we have alll had prior warning about the digital switchover, not really relevant. All of a sudden we are not allowed to have our two penneths worth and say we do not like the new format then?

DAFMAD:
Get rid of that poxy advert border for a start. Makes this site look cheap apart from it buggers up the display of photos. :unamused:
I have managed to block the ads anyway just can’t get rid of the ■■■■ border. :imp:

I agree is there any way to get rid of the border. :question:
is it the same with a wider screened monitor or is the border less intrusive? :question: :question: :question:

I agree is there any way to get rid of the border.

We have removed the advertising border from the image heavy forums, that alone gives a big hit on our revenue , but we are trying to balance the wants of you guys with the obvious needs to ensure we cover our costs (and heaven forbid even make a profit) The adverts are what keeps this free to use, and so they are here to stay, simply because while I have a say you will never be charged to use this website- in return we ask that you put up with the ads

Last month we were just under 2 million page views for the forums, thats a hell of a lot of bandwidth which isnt free, we upgraeded the forums and added many features, some custom built, the guys doing all that dont do it for charity, it costs cash. we are providing the xmas party and will give the members their own hospitality area at TruckFest, that doesnt come free.

We have to bring some revenue in, and the ad banners do that, as I said we have removed then from certain forums to enhance your viewing pleasure, removing them entirely is only an option if we ask you to pay to use the website or we close down

Well cant say i like the new layout either i would rather have kept the
old one and paid a yearly subscription but i know how hard that would
be to get the money in and a lot of driver’s would not have paid so i will
say no more on the issue and carry on the trooper i am :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: