New laptop

Not gonna go into all the technical rubbish but, here goes…

Primarily, I’ve got it for watching DVDs on nights out (not that I’m doing any at the moment), I’d also like to get on the Internet so can someone please tell me the ins and outs of dongles including best price from whom (for little use, infrequently).

I’ve also bought a gps dongle, I know I’ll need a mapping program, any advice as to which is best for hgv’s? Can the route be changed easily like on google maps?

Any other gems of wisdom?

If you get a dongle, go with 3. they have the best nobile BB connecton, You can PAYG for £10 for 1 gig, or get a contract from £10 a month for 5gig. I use naVIGATOR 9 European truck version on my netbook with a tomtom bluetooth GPS reciever.

thanks, got navigator 9 truck, seems a bit simple but works o.k. apart from issues with not seeing the gps dongle even though it’s working fine.

Not sure what I’ll make of a satnav with a 17" screen though :open_mouth:

Struggling to find a good deal (without a time restriction i.e. a month) on an internet dongle, any suggestions?

3 do a dongle for £79.99 with 12gb on it for 12 months so you have 12 months to use it up cheaper than £10 month for 1gb

get mobile BB from 3 with a contract and free MiFi £16 a month for 15 Gigs… Use Autoroute 2010 can get it from PC World with GPS Dongle that way you dont have to faff around trying to get it to work, then, go to low bridges.com where they have low bridges width weight limits and truckstops which can be added to your map (Costs About £20 for low bridges etc) use a mouse with a wheel that way you can zoom in and out quite easly ps take of the auto reroute makes life easier.

Low bridge poi’s available online for free