New lad passed class c, 3 day trail, on me own tomorrow

Trucker Rick:
Well done on mate.Do you think you will do your class 1?.Also I think there is plenty of work about if you look in the right places.Some companys don’t advertise in job centres believe it or not.Dont be shy in asking about a job if you don’t ask you wont get.After a couple of days of me passing my class 1 I was emailing companys and you would be surprised in the replys I got wanting me to go and see them :smiley:

cheers and yeh got training and test booked for december so hopefully be in with a company as soon as i can, rang round a couple already for work and told me to ring bak once cpc is done, been waiting for cpc for 5 weeks which is highly annoying as my current job is very seasonal and dies off in oct -march time, easy money but very very boring

well bit of an update, is passed cpc yesturday morning so looking at work, went to a local haulage firm and spoke to someone today and hes willing to send me out on a few day runs with another driver next week when i tell him what days im availible, then he said after that he will give me some runs and see how i get on, on my own

bigdavehull:
well bit of an update, is passed cpc yesturday morning so looking at work, went to a local haulage firm and spoke to someone today and hes willing to send me out on a few day runs with another driver next week when i tell him what days im availible, then he said after that he will give me some runs and see how i get on, on my own

paid?

ROG:

bigdavehull:

paid?

well he said unpaid with another driver but if i went alone obviously paid, would you do it?

bigdavehull:

ROG:

bigdavehull:

paid?

well he said unpaid with another driver but if i went alone obviously paid, would you do it?

yes and that’s generally accepted as ok

ROG:

bigdavehull:

ROG:

bigdavehull:

paid?

yes and that’s generally accepted as ok

ok cool, il give him a bell then, i wonder if il get a chance at driving? obviously thats what im after

had the last couple of days with a driver who does multi drops around york and hes been great to let me drive and do paperwork etc, alot of yo1’s involved with tight streets etc but so far really enjoying it, another day out tomorrow with me driving from start to finish and me doing all paperwork etc as if i would be on my own, if all goes well hopefully should end up with a job

Did you wait for card or did they accept you’d done it ? I’ve got my CPC 35 next week after a screw up meaning missed earlier so I’ve refrained from approaching anyone cos no card so seemed pointless to ask yet.

Also did you just go round firms asking face to face as that’s what j intend to do as soon as get hours done, any advice on what they asked when you went ?

dcgpx:
Did you wait for card or did they accept you’d done it ? I’ve got my CPC 35 next week after a screw up meaning missed earlier so I’ve refrained from approaching anyone cos no card so seemed pointless to ask yet.

Also did you just go round firms asking face to face as that’s what j intend to do as soon as get hours done, any advice on what they asked when you went ?

id already told them before hand after a phone call that i was doing it, they said to rinf back once i had it which i did and he said well we can sort u some work but it wont be local as them runs are kinda covered but he also didnt wanna send me into center of london but why would i want too as the new lad, said i coud come in whenever to get some experience with a driver and went from there but its easier as im not pushing for a job stright off as i can always fall back on my full time job now and its my family who own it, but full time would be good

just be straight up and contact loads and send them cv’s and cover letters with info about u etc, its all ive done and its going really well, feels great t drive a wagon on open roads how i normally drive, none of this 10 to 2 crap lol

Once I start CPC on Monday, I’ll start looking in earnest and see what happens, hopefully actual card will be soon after course finishes so in time for xmas rush and more chance of getting some time in

well after the third day on the trot of driving with another lad in york on multi drop they have offered me a job, said to ring tomorrow for info on what im doing when i start monday, luckily i wont be doing york!!! down the road for me, well happy and did fine today with finding places on my satnav and all my mate did was sleep lol

Do you think it was worth doing X days unpaid by going out with one of their drivers?

ROG:
Do you think it was worth doing X days unpaid by going out with one of their drivers?

yeh i think so, as its given me chance, if i wasnt offered a job i would have been miffed but yeh i was fine with it

bigdavehull:

ROG:

yeh i think so, as its given me chance, if i wasnt offered a job i would have been miffed but yeh i was fine with it

good for you - took a little risk - learnt a lot … and got a job as a nice bonus

ROG:

bigdavehull:

ROG:

good for you - took a little risk - learnt a lot … and got a job as a nice bonus

certainly is that quite looking forward to the new career