New kid on the block

Hi all.
Been lurking for a while. Just applied for my provisional Class 1. Learning a lot from reading all your posts. Fingers crossed the licence comes back soon and I can get cracking.

Hi there! Have you started learning for your theory/hazard perception? Which route do you have to take for CPC, old ■■■■ 35 hrs? or youngster Mod 2 & 4?

Hi. I’ve started studying - currently cocking up the hazard perception lol. I’ve got to do Mod 2-4 I think? I’m 54 and have a car licence from 1984. Is mod 2-4 right?

Lebshep:
Hi. I’ve started studying - currently cocking up the hazard perception lol. I’ve got to do Mod 2-4 I think? I’m 54 and have a car licence from 1984. Is mod 2-4 right?

Hi, no mod 2-4 is for the youngsters. You have the choice of either route because you already have C1 entitlement on your licence. It’s a toss up which is best, they are about the same price apparently. The cheapest 35 hrs is £35 a day for 5 days vr-services.co.uk/category/training/ I haven’t used them but others here have. 7 hrs a day on zoom is long and boring but gets it done in a week if you can spare the time?
Atlas is an interesting alternative that splits each 7 hrs over 2 days - looks like it covers a lot of stuff so might not be so boring £45 per 7 hrs. I haven’t used them but others here have.
atlaslgvtraining.co.uk/prod … wPEALw_wcB

Because you have C1 entitlement, apparently, you will find it difficult to book mod2-4, there’s a test which you could fail (I don’t think anyone does) and it’s more expensive (quick google search £300) But if you can’t spare 35(-40 with breaks?) hours then you could insist on mod 2-4.

Hazard perception - just make sure you click 3 times at least one second apart for every developing hazard you see.

stu675:

Lebshep:

Hi, no mod 2-4 is for the youngsters. You have the choice of either route because you already have C1 entitlement on your licence. It’s a toss up which is best, they are about the same price apparently. The cheapest 35 hrs is £35 a day for 5 days vr-services.co.uk/category/training/ I haven’t used them but others here have. 7 hrs a day on zoom is long and boring but gets it done in a week if you can spare the time?
Atlas is an interesting alternative that splits each 7 hrs over 2 days - looks like it covers a lot of stuff so might not be so boring £45 per 7 hrs. I haven’t used them but others here have.
atlaslgvtraining.co.uk/prod … wPEALw_wcB

Because you have C1 entitlement, apparently, you will find it difficult to book mod2-4, there’s a test which you could fail (I don’t think anyone does) and it’s more expensive (quick google search £300) But if you can’t spare 35(-40 with breaks?) hours then you could insist on mod 2-4.

Hazard perception - just make sure you click 3 times at least one second apart for every developing hazard you see.

That’s brilliant, thanks very much. A lot to learn but I’m getting there!

You can do these right now
Get digicard
35 hours driver cpc

At the moment you will have provisional for C not CE but that may change soon to a CE provisional if the Govt pull their fingers out

Did you tick D as well as C on the D2 form :question:

ROG:
Get digicard
35 hours driver cpc

At the moment you will have provisional for C not CE but that may change soon to a CE provisional if the Govt pull their fingers out

Hi Rog
Thanks for this info. Yes, I ticked everything lol

ROG:
Get digicard
35 hours driver cpc

According to the CEO or RHA this is due to be coming in from Feb 22, but there has been some kick back from Road Safety Agency in regards to the probable safety standards issue