New KFC delivery partner DHL does not deliver [Merged]

moomooland:
DHL has been storing all KFC chicken at an unregistered cold-storage facility in Rugby.

The storage depot at the centre of the KFC chicken crisis had not been registered or inspected before problems emerged this week, and could have been closed down for breaching safety rules, a local council has revealed.

KFC said some poultry at the depot would have to be destroyed.

Read the full article here in The Guardian

I suspect FOWL play :unamused: :unamused:

Not being funny like but I live in Rugby and I knew it was going to be a cold store before it was finished so surely someone at the council may have got some form of inkling. It was hardly top secret… :unamused:

toonsy:
Not being funny like but I live in Rugby and I knew it was going to be a cold store before it was finished so surely someone at the council may have got some form of inkling. It was hardly top secret… :unamused:

They probably knew what it was going to be but if it is supposed to be registered and expected before use they would quite reasonably assume that it wasn’t opened yet.

Seems a very major error for a company the size of DHL to make

OLDSALVO:

moomooland:
DHL has been storing all KFC chicken at an unregistered cold-storage facility in Rugby.

The storage depot at the centre of the KFC chicken crisis had not been registered or inspected before problems emerged this week, and could have been closed down for breaching safety rules, a local council has revealed.

KFC said some poultry at the depot would have to be destroyed.

Read the full article here in The Guardian

I suspect FOWL play :unamused: :unamused:

Bit more here, but some can be taken with a pinch of salt, it is the Daily Mail after all.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -hell.html

My only experience with Drop it, Hide it, Lose it, is not perfect, a lot depending on which depot was being used, a regular one we had dealings with was strange, H&S mad, would deliver an item this week, go to collect it next week and abort the collection as their H&S rules and changed from last week and could no longer do it. They lost the contract in the end, mainly over damages in transit.

Cant be to much of a problem, I’m sure the British public have far more sense than to eat a load of greasy crap served up in bucket.

Or do they■■?

:laughing: 'd at the blokes fetching the chicken from the car…that’s probably broken every rule in the chill chain handbook…having the aircon set at 2 degrees doesn’t count as refrigerated transport!

That woman that complained that she had to use a BurgerKing. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . Well dear go to the supermarket, buy some food and cook it yourself!! You will be surprised as to how better it tastes and how much healthier it is! Such is life in the UK, just goes to show how many people actually rely on this crap food, rather than cook it themselves!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

pierrot 14:
That woman that complained that she had to use a BurgerKing. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . Well dear go to the supermarket, buy some food and cook it yourself!! You will be surprised as to how better it tastes and how much healthier it is! Such is life in the UK, just goes to show how many people actually rely on this crap food, rather than cook it themselves!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

Amazing how many people eat the sh-ite no wonder the whole country is so f****** fat.

Tried it one made me want to puke, some people eat it every day.

mike68:

pierrot 14:

Amazing how many people eat the sh-ite no wonder the whole country is so f****** fat.

Tried it one made me want to puke, some LOTS OF people eat it every day.

ftfy

simcor:

neilp1982:
I think it’s more along the lines of you see very few DHL fridges any more, and a class 2 fridge is even rarer, typically DHL don’t deal with chilled/frozen stuff, you are right in what you are saying though, they do have quite a few depots dotted around the country, but how many of them are equipped to deal with ‘fresh’ chicken? The ones I know of are barely equipped to deal with ambient goods, and with Pierre being from the same parts as me, he will know exactly which site I am talking about.

Plenty of rigids and trailers with fridges in DHL. So where do you get the assumption DHL don’t run many fridges.
We can only use fridges on our site for ambient goods and freezer compartments for the frozen we deliver too.

Bidvest across the way are still running 60 plate rigids at 10 years old. I wonder why? When most companies change them at 5 years.

I get the assumption from working on one of their sites for nearly 10 years. The majority of DHL sites we visited ran curtain sided trailers, Coventry, Thurrock, Bellshill, Liverpool, Avonmouth, Huntingdon, Billingham, granted just a drop in the ocean, but most of those was main hubs we sent trunks to and you saw very few fridge trailers.

mike68:

Don’t mind fried chicken occasionally myself, normally just have it as an occasional treat rather than an everyday meal though. Maybe once or twice a year.

I’m only a 10 minute drive away from DHL’s distribution centre in Rugby though, and I’m thinking it might be worth doing a skip raid at the weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is soooooo funny!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newsthump.com/2018/02/20/uk-life … -24-hours/

pierrot 14:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

pierrot 14:

Wait til the government see this,state pension age will be raised to 85 :smiley:

Harry Monk:

mike68:

Don’t mind fried chicken occasionally myself, normally just have it as an occasional treat rather than an everyday meal though. Maybe once or twice a year.

I’m only a 10 minute drive away from DHL’s distribution centre in Rugby though, and I’m thinking it might be worth doing a skip raid at the weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll meet you up there. We can store it in my garage which is most likely colder than a skip :laughing:

simcor:

Harry Monk:
I don’t know whether this is true or not, but I can tell you that a statement does not become automatically true simply because a poster writes FACT in uppercase letters after it.

I can tell you it does, we send trunks to regional depots to deliver the further reaches of the country rather than deliver it all from one central location as do the tother different contracts of DHL in other areas. As we do on nearly all the contracts.

You really didn’t understand Harry’s post. :confused:

simcor:
I’ve said it before yes they are not perfect and have made a pigs ear of it but things have most likely been considered and planned for. Something has gone drastically wrong with the transition.

Many new contracts do have teething problems, but for a logistics operation, especially one as large as DHL, not to be able to deliver the customers goods is a bit more than a transition issue.

simcor:
Some of the blame can squarely be laid at the door of KFC bosses if the contract was taken on at a lower cost.

Maybe some blame could be laid at KFC’s door if they’d given the contract to some bunch of new guys who had never run a large distribution contract before, but if a company with years of experience say they can do the job at lower cost, why would you doubt them?

pierrot 14:

The ‘ingredients’ re sewer burgers is spot on… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

pierrot 14:

The ‘ingredients’ re sewer burgers is spot on… :grimacing:

Very funny

alamcculloch:
What could possibly go wrong. They just gave the contract to DHL oops.

Was that a question or a question followed by the answer?

It is our site that has the contract. They may as well order a lot of eggs. At least they would be chickens by the time they arrived