New job

just looked at this on job site does anyone know if can earn the money
Job Title
Perm HGV Class 1 Car Transporter Driver
Salary/Rate£55000/annum Full Training LocationNationwidePosted 02/07/2014 (10:57) Agency/EmployerArctics Limited T/A IglooDescription
** PERM - HGV Class 1 Drivers Required for 11+ CAR TRANSPORTER TRAINING — ALL UK & IRELAND - c€55.000**

Igloo Automotive are currently looking for trainee 11+ Car Transporter Drivers with various base locations.

This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced HGV Class 1 drivers to join well-established transport and logistic company and receive professional training to work on car transporters.

This is a great full-time job opportunity; we are offering a competitive salary, bonus scheme; nights out, travel and meal allowance.

Main duties will include delivery and collection of new & used vehicles in UK, Ireland and Europe. Various shifts available; 4ON 4OFF (3 nights out), Monday to Friday (4 nights out), and day/night shift.

In order to be successful you need to be self-motivated, deliver to high standards and very flexible in terms of working hours. You need to be a holder of a current C + E license with no endorsements, digital tachograph and CPC certification. H

Various locations available in UK and Ireland: West Midlands, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Yorkshire; Liverpool, Southampton, Bristol, Oxford, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Grimsby, Derby, Cardiff, Dublin, Cork and more.

ye u get that m8 sounds like wot used to be ecm gd luck

55,000 is first in pounds and then in euros. If it turns out it’s euros then that brings it down to around £43,500

DJC:
55,000 is first in pounds and then in euros. If it turns out it’s euros then that brings it down to around £43,500

No good for me then because I’m not taking a pay cut !!!

Its about 12 to 18 months ago that three of my old mates jacked in due to changes to shifts and pay structure at the contract they were on, this was in addition to a previous cut they had taken on the chin when the hourly rate was lowered, they haven’t returned.

All you can do is to see the pay and how its made up…in black and white, verbal and headline gross figures like the above banded about mean bugger all, especially as one of our eagle eyed lads has pointed out it might well be in Euros…and work it out for yourself.

Two things immediately spring to mind, is this self employed/ltd company, and does this include night out money, is night out money even payable, i know another transporter company who’s drivers have been shall we say persuaded to go self employed and now get a gross figure per week and no night out pay at all.

Will you be paid for training, will the training fees be repayable to the company should you leave or get sacked within a certain time frame, is damage payable, a new driver will do damage, of that there is no question.

I think you will find Igloo are (the agency) part of Gefco.

As said.

1/ One section talks of Euro then switches to sterling; a large difference.
2/ I’m guessing it’s a standard field from the job website, but mention is made to salary/rate; which is it? They’re entirely different things. Salaries are unusual in road transport. Differences may seem small; but if based on hourly rate, then any long term sickness/ company pension contributions/ holiday will most likely be based on circa 37.5 hours @ hourly rate.

Now. The above are just pure details. If you can seriously earn 55k, even 43k driving car lorries on 4/4, then that’s pretty ■■■■ good. I’m about to head out to some serious ■■■■■ holes of the earth. Places where they shoot at the machine you’re in, and I won’t be paid 55k, not even close. There is hope in driving if the above rates are true.

Yep if they are paying 55 k for 4 on 4 off il give up my job on the trains and go back driving.

Aren’t igloo the agency who supply Hermes? If so I’d search them on here first! I may be wrong.

stevejones:
ye u get that m8 sounds like wot used to be ecm gd luck

What■■?

There is a CT firm called NVD who are looking for drivers in Dublin and New Ross to do Ireland /UK/Europe. €45000 to €55000 salary (yes,Euro).
They will train you. Not many Irish drivers want to spend weeks in UK but might be good for UK drivers who dont mind a bit of Irish work now and then.
nvd.ie/recruitment/driver-recruitment/

I phoned said agency and said I am interested in the 55k euro job. Immediately he asked if I would be interested in the other jobs, hourly rate. I said no I am interested in earning 55k euros.

He told me it is 8-900 euros per week plus expenses and bonus. I asked could he let me know the breakdown of expenses and bonus. He said he didn’t know and will get back to me.

I said I would be very interested to do the job, so long as he can let me know the full remuneration package. I emailed my cv, again requesting full details of how I could get to earn 55000 euros.

No answer yet.

SD

Speedy Duck:
I phoned said agency and said I am interested in the 55k euro job. Immediately he asked if I would be interested in the other jobs, hourly rate. I said no I am interested in earning 55k euros.

He told me it is 8-900 euros per week plus expenses and bonus. I asked could he let me know the breakdown of expenses and bonus. He said he didn’t know and will get back to me.

I said I would be very interested to do the job, so long as he can let me know the full remuneration package. I emailed my cv, again requesting full details of how I could get to earn 55000 euros.

No answer yet.

SD

Nice one…

I’ll bet that you hear nowt, or, if you do, when you look at it the pay is nowhere near that in real terms…