New Job

Anyone on here work for Norbert Dentressangle? I’m starting with them a week on Tuesday as a tramper.

I worked as a tramper for them about 10 years ago out of the st malo depot before the polish invasion. I found them a good company to work for but the money wasn’t all that good. What depot are you working for

james1973:
I worked as a tramper for them about 10 years ago out of the st malo depot before the polish invasion. I found them a good company to work for but the money wasn’t all that good. What depot are you working for

I’m working out of Leigh fella, not heard a bad comment about them yet.

I worked for them many years ago when the Northampton depot was Swifts. I think the Manager now was a good friend of mine back then, ‘Paul Spensley’, I also know one of the management team on the company ‘Jim Bradley’, he’s a good sort.
When I worked there Paul was in the office in Maidstone depot and Jim did the paperwork on the night shift.

Pat Hasler:
I worked for them many years ago when the Northampton depot was Swifts. I think the Manager now was a good friend of mine back then, ‘Paul Spensley’, I also know one of the management team on the company ‘Jim Bradley’, he’s a good sort.
When I worked there Paul was in the office in Maidstone depot and Jim did the paperwork on the night shift.

Apparently the Leigh depot was Swifts at one time.

If Domenic Barriack is still the manager be very weary. he is a company man through and through.

Had interview about 9 yrs ago at Leigh for powder tank side had interview with French bloke Dominic all seemed well til he explained “night out money!” Or lack of it if u do 20 nights away at £20 I think it was that’s 400 taken off your wage then your taxed then 400 put back on your wage so you only benefit about 100 less in tax was offered the job a few days later but turned it down as far as I know it’s still the same certainly was up till about 4yrs ago

Cheers for the replies lads. Read my contract 3 times now and the T’s and C’s are probably the best I’ve ever seen.

Good luck hope it turns out OK I reckon there’s a lot worse jobs about than nd

paulfromwire:
I’m working out of Leigh fella, not heard a bad comment about them yet.

Jammy beggar. You working out of the warehouse bit or the tanker bit? or are they the same? I live on the housing estate behind the depot, I applied for a job there a few months ago as its ideal for me, would be a 5 minute walk if I cut through. Never heard anything back though.

If you work nights and are ever parked on the road outside the depot getting your trailer/sorting paperwork at around 22:20hrs, and see a little black and green scooter go past, that’s me on my way home from work :smiley: