New Job

Hello peeps,just thought id share the news that ive given up being a proper lorry driver and got myself a job as a driver for Aldi :laughing: :laughing: Started yesterday at 1100 and was back in the house for 1830 - 9 hours pay guaranteed :smiley: Looks like a good set up with employees actually being treated well(something i`m struggling to come to terms with after previous experiences).

This has freed up a job at Durham City Transport where i was previously working so feel free to bombard them with lots of cv`s :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one russ least u got somethin sorted fella

Congrats mate, sounds like you landed on your feet. Aldi round here pay good hourly rates, so the 9hrs is fine and it’s nice to be home for tea isn’t it.

waynedl:
Congrats mate, sounds like you landed on your feet. Aldi round here pay good hourly rates, so the 9hrs is fine and it’s nice to be home for tea isn’t it.

11am starts is probably the only downside really, im out with another driver at the moment but the finishes will be later when im out on my own to start out with but we all have to learn.

Congrats russ, thats the way to do it, decent pay and home for tea eh :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve heard Aldi is a decent number, bet it’s a big change when you’re probably used to 15 hours odd evey day! Why am I not knackered all the time :question:

Sorry DCT didnt work out for you then as know he tends to keep drivers

Place might have changed but the pay at Bathgate was rubbish, office always went to great lengths to get you off shift before overtime started. Doing warehouse work, loading own wagon and picking was bad enough, but the shops were the pits, left to it on your own at 4am in the dodgy areas Aldis always are in.

Congratulations, hope it turns out to be exactly what you want.

russjp:
Hello peeps,just thought id share the news that ive given up being a proper lorry driver and got myself a job as a driver for Aldi :laughing: :laughing: Started yesterday at 1100 and was back in the house for 1830 - 9 hours pay guaranteed :smiley: Looks like a good set up with employees actually being treated well(something i`m struggling to come to terms with after previous experiences).

This has freed up a job at Durham City Transport where i was previously working so feel free to bombard them with lots of cv`s :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulation :exclamation:

Worked many Years for ALDI and was always busy

You`ll be at Faverdale then.

The down side will be the start/finish times, and as stated above the store deliveries. But hope it works out for ya.

No such thing as the perfect job, but it pays what i was earning in my previous job minus the night out money, im home every night, i get to do a bit of proper graft and im working 20 hours less a week. Personally, if someone offered me a job away from the steering wheel i would jump at the chance but in the current economic climate, beggars cant be choosers :wink:

Hope you have been trained on the pump trucks :smiley:

I only rang DCT up and sent a CV off 4 weeks ago. They said they had nowt doing then. Lucky I’m sorted now if they are that bad. :laughing:

Congrats matey :smiley: