New Job

Hiya, I’ve been driving for a while but in a totally different industry (event work). I’ve got a new start with a company on a 4 on 4 off shift, gonna be general haulage.
The question I have is (understand it’s a bit ambiguous) but do they give you your work per day ie collect from A and deliver to B then collect from C and go to D etc. Or is it just rolling per drop? Guess your given enough time to find parking?
Also parking is Snap, again not had this before, so is it all proper truck stops? And I notice that some on Snap you can reserve by adding ref on the app I’ve downloaded, anyone anything to add to this?
Ta

All depends who your working for.
I’d say most places you start your shift. You usually get told what your plans are for the day.
Some places I’ve worked for just case of do job a ring office for next job etc.
As for time parking.
Upto you to make sure you have time to find somewhere.
Office won’t care.

Never used snap but believe it’s accepted at most motorway services. And truck stops . There’s some decent ones about not many. And suggest try park up early as you can as after 7ish might struggle to get a space at truckstop and services etc. As they soon fill up.

The work pattern could be made up by many reasons depending on their contracts , for example:
Trailer loaded for you , leave their yard with about six or more deliveries that may take two days to empty the trailer .

Once empty return to base to collect another trailer or go to one their clients to get a load .
Or have one delivery then do multiple collections . When out and about , write down some decent overnight places to park , pre Covid days , some drivers use leisure centre showers by using their gym or having a swim .

Some SNAP locations don’t include a meal in the parking , with SNAP , your employers pay the parking , if not using them and you pay to park , sometimes the meal is reduced price with the parking , so keep the receipt to claim back later .

Finding parking with ten minutes driving time left is a heart attack waiting to happen , better to leave enough time as said , they fill up early .

4 on 4 off, better find a hobby to fill in all that spare time you’re going to have. It’ll feel like being part time.