New job

Start new job driving concrete mixer trucks on Tuesday! Can’t wait!!

Any advice? :slight_smile:

Well done í ½í¸† look out for low bridges

You are all set.

Put Flour & Jam in & make Donuts.

All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hello mate, Ive been driving mixers for a year now and I think its great.

What size mixer are you driving?

All I know is it’s a 6 legger, I’m guessing 26 tonner??

My boss drives a 4 legger, goes to the smaller sites such as residential etc, I’ll be going to building sites, that’s what I know so far, oh and not to go fast round corners :smiley:

yeah 26 tonne more than likely. so 6 cube of concrete compared to 4 with the 18 tonne 4 legger.
I drive both and usually prefer the work on the 18 tonne.

You shouldn’t* get messed about as often on the big trucks its usually* more straight forward jobs ie into pumps or into footings for houses. As opposed to endless wheel barrow jobs and running out curbs in the smaller truck.

Some tips I can think of,

ask, I still ask questions all the time and probably always will.

Always get out and look when reversing if your not happy then don’t do it. theres always another way

Slumps are a pain in the ■■■, drivers, batchers and customers have their own idea of what they are so its a constant battle keeping everyone happy.

Wash your drum out properly after each load, buildup can slow discharge.

feel free to pm me if you have any questions

Routy22:

get your ‘slump’ right!

carryfast-yeti:

Routy22:

get your ‘slump’ right!

“I ordered 30 because I wanted it to flow drive”

Dealing with customers who don’t know their arse from their elbow

talking of mixers…when i was in Redland/Lafarge we took on an artic mixer! 10 metre truck IIRC…fancy handling one of them Routy? :slight_smile:

Yes I would love that, goes online and books class 1 test

Routy22:
Yes I would love that, goes online and books class 1 test

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve not driven a mixer but done plenty of site work and experience taught me to stay on the hard track you can see until you know where you’re tipping as you can soon get stuck.

Good luck with it.

It’s a great job I drove 8 legger straight after passing my test and its the best experience you will get in my book , just be careful , eyeball where they want you to go look for hazards that might trip you up , don’t take heed of banksmans crazy pointing and waving set your own path but watch for the halt sign or shouts then you know your to close to something. Keep drum spinning faster than usual up steep hills oh and when it’s time to get into drum to clean the blades wear a hardhat and a pair of shorts lol , enjoy ! , Its’s a great job m8 I’d still be doing it if my boss wasn’t such a dk .

Routy22:

How’s it going, Routy? :smiley:

Going great! Learning my slumps getting them close, and I’m getting to know the slump technicians more so adding water on site ain’t a problem and same with the pump attendant as such, got reverse spot on getting on to the hopper was hard at first took a couple of shunt first few times but that’s it, get under it first time every time, gears mastered ( test in auto) really confident to say I jumped straight into a 26 tonner from a 13ton on test, it’s flies when empty, and slow fully loaded :laughing: but I’m loving the job, a more detailed diary is to follow tomorrow when I get onlaptop :smiley: