new job update

well after passing my class 2 at the end of january, 2 weeks later i get a driving job doing multidrop for a firm called 3663. Talk about thrown in at the deep end, i go out on route with a driver for a week to learn the paper work, then this past week ive been on my own for 4 days driving. im covering other people for the moment until i get set my own route, this past week has all been in London, ive had to learn quick especially all the reversing. The good thing about this job im getting plenty of experience driving. :slight_smile:

Hey don’t knock it, I started with DBC it’s not the job for everyone but if you can crack this then you’ve got a good start.

My first couple of months were spent doing 15-20 schools per day around Kent and Essex, tons of manouevering to get you used to the vehicle.

After that I spent most of my time covering the Caffe Nero runs in to central London, 3 different runs of 20+ shops each with an 18 tonner. I did 9 months at DBC and whilst it bored me stiff, it gave me valuable experience that I so needed.

Before I started that job I hardly knew any of London, now I’ll quite happily tool around the centre.

The good thing about this job im getting plenty of experience driving.

Thats the whole point. We all had to start somewhere and nobody can expect to pass the test then get the cream of the csrop jobs.
Well done you. I hope you enjoy this valuable experience and look back on it with pride in years to come.
Good luck.

Hi bagpuss,
congrats on finding a job so quick ,took me 3 months to find one :slight_smile: .
Nearly all my agency work prior to finding that elusive job seemed to be in london, dreaded going there at first, but like anything, got used to it in the end.

Good luck with 3663

3663 = Graft.

Maybe if I did abit of that then I wouldnt have my love handle’s :blush: and have to iron the front of my shirt on a wok :blush: :blush: