New Job? Or Not

The transport manager of a firm I used to work for about 2 years ago has been in touch and has said that there is a job for me if I want it :open_mouth: The job is artic multi-drop with max of 6 or 7 drops per day, home every night, £8.27 per hour with guaranteed 50 hours per week. There is little chance of more hours than this as they are trying to work within WTD hours :unamused:
This works out at approx £414 gross p/wk = £320 per week after tax etc.
I am currently on £508 per week salary, although I am out about 3 or 4 nights per week (at £21 per night) I will be losing about £55 nett on pay plus £63/£84 for the nights. Also, my current job is one hit runs some of which take 2 or 3 days if I’m running out of UK with no backloads.
However, I will be home every night and this is a major plus point, but after talking to a couple of drivers that work at my old firm they say that the office is forever chasing you and that morale is as low as it can get :angry:
What’s your view on this?

Better the devil you know.

We all go to work for money,not love,but ask your former boss if he can match what your currently earning,guarantee it,and put it in writing,and you’ll think about it.

If not,stay where you are.

Ken.

Stay with LIFT. What those drivers told you should have made the decision for you, not to mention that you’ll be £130 nett per week worse off.

Penfold ,Can you live with less money,more stress as you say that the job offeredis multi drops and the office is chaseing the drivers where as you
have a relaxed ,well payed job yes less time at home,but with the new working rules comeing in this may/wil change and perhaps allow you more time at home, The descion is one that you only can make, me i would stay with the better payed job,

Hey Rob, Mrs Penfold says have you got a little black book that lists where everyone on this forum works, or have you just got a â– â– â– â–  good memory :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :wink:

penfold:
Hey Rob, Mrs Penfold says have you got a little black book that lists where everyone on this forum works, or have you just got a â– â– â– â–  good memory :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :wink:

He is a VOSA spy :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: :laughing:

penfold:

There’s a lot I know that others don’t… :sunglasses: :wink:

penfold start a poll ?

Rob K:

penfold:

There’s a lot I know that others don’t… :sunglasses: :wink:

Aint that the truth!