New job on monday ! yes!

HI peeps was lookin for a while and found job as a driver in local concrete mixers company,they also got tippers in there,i was driving dustcars only before,automatic ones,any advices may be helpfull what to avoid etc cheers, CANT WAIT TILL MONDAY :slight_smile:)))

Congratulations on the job.

There’s loads of stuff you need to know about that job and I hope your new firm will spend a bit of time with you and maybe send you with another driver for a day or two.

Three things that spring to mind instantly:

Make sure you’ve got your tacho correctly completed and take correct breaks etc. You will need a digicard if the truck is newer than May 2006.

Steady is good on bends, roundabouts and corners. The centre of gravity is not clever on concrete mixers.

Pay attention to the mix. It takes a lot of practice to get it right = but when it’s explained to you make sure you’ve got it. Otherwise you’ll come unstuck very quickly.

But it all relies on “on the job” training for this to work well. Many highly experienced drivers wouldn’t know where to start with a mixer so don’t be embarrassed to ask.

If you drive the tippers, the main things are to make sure that the whole outfit, if artic, is level. In any case, make sure the truck is on firm, level ground before tipping. Once again, it’s important to have training before you start.

All the very best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thank you very much for your reply mate,they said first day i will be with someone else in the truck to show me what is all about,but i cant wait now the trucks are almost brand new company is small they got bout 5 trucks there hope this is for longer thats what they said anyway but i have to be good no crashes,timekeeping,good customer treatment etc.i was a dustmen but its crap hard job no matter rain or sun like few last roastig days,stopping every 15 meters reversing 100 times a day in narrow roads CANT WAIT TILL MONDAY

All sounds perfectly reasonable. Take care, enjoy and good luck. Pete :laughing: :laughing: