New job ,crazy hours

Started monday 7 finish 17
Tues-7 to 19.30
Wedn-5 to 18.30
Thurs-5 to 19.30
Today 6 to [zb] knows cos im parked for second “45” at 16.40 and will get back for maybe18.30

Cant see my eyes and refused to do job which i supposed to do cos they gave me two wrong addresses earlier and cocked up they pi###ed off in office cos im heading back to yard then home omfg

joker83:
Started monday 7 finish 17
Tues-7 to 19.30
Wedn-5 to 18.30
Thurs-5 to 19.30
Today 6 to [zb] knows cos im parked for second “45” at 16.40 and will get back for maybe18.30

Cant see my eyes and refused to do job which i supposed to do cos they gave me two wrong addresses earlier and cocked up they pi###ed off in office cos im heading back to yard then home omfg

part timer :grimacing:

Sounds like NFT :laughing:

Yes they are long, yes they definitely shouldn’t have cocked up two addresses. But they are hardly end of the world hours :unamused:

Chin up. Next week will be better.

Maybe

Jus reads normal for me. I max out every week I can.

OllieNotts:
Sounds like NFT :laughing:

Nft what’s that all i know its [zb] out of order he was like go and do this you have to blabla bla yeh right i would be back by 22.00 thats 17 hours in cab no way

Welcome to the world of transport :smiley:

Passed bloody test week ago aswell lol

No 15hr days there…tbh 12-14 are norm,but you knew that before doing your test right? :confused:
Dunno what your moaning about,you don’t start til the bloody afternoon!!!
I start at 3am,done half a day before you start lol

Part timers hours . Maybe next week you’ll do a proper weeks work :slight_smile:

Career change?

Ahh the sweet sound of the “King of the road” dream shattering into a thousand tiny razor sharp poisonous barbed shards of reality :laughing:

Oh dear, to me you have not started ‘early’ any of the days or finished particularily late either.

out of curiosity what sort of hours were you expecting to do?

I was thinking 5 am start max 18.00 finish is that too short or what cos im lost reading this tbh■■?

joker83:
I was thinking 5 am start max 18.00 finish is that too short or what cos im lost reading this tbh

I start at 3am and normally finish 4ish,anything before that is an early day…
Can’t you start earlier to bring your finish time “earlier”

At least you’re working and earning. I guess we’d all like better hours for a decent wage, but trust me, its alot harder when you can’t work fullstop.

Reef:
Ahh the sweet sound of the “King of the road” dream shattering into a thousand tiny razor sharp poisonous barbed shards of reality :laughing:

Yep,youve read my mind :wink:

Its not unheard of to do your max 3 x 15s starting around 3:30 - 4am as well as 2 x 13s and even 3 - 4 hrs “run in” on a Saturday morning.

mon start 4 finish 1900
tues weds same, thurdays start 3-finished 1500 today ran in started 4 finished 1700, and thats short week for me as theres no saturady work :slight_smile:, once you done it a while youll wanna be maxing out for the money, o and nights out are better if u wanna reduce at keast you get a good 7 hours kip if theres no que at the showers

joker83:
Passed bloody test week ago aswell lol

ckm1981:
No 15hr days there…tbh 12-14 are norm,but you knew that before doing your test right? :confused:

As a tramper mate, you’re only paid when on duty, so the idea is to ‘work’ as many hours as possible to take home the coin.

And remember, you can only do 5 days next week (subject to start / finish times etc… don’t bleat)

Realistically, as a tramper, 3x15’s + 2x13’s and a nice easy day on your last if doing 6. Any ‘splits’ and you change a 13 to a 15.

You then get 3x14.25 hrs + 2x12.25hrs + whatever your 6th + 5x n/o money = 1 happy mother ■■■■■■ next Friday.

If you’re salaried, unfortunately, they’ll expect you to do as much as possible, that’s always the case with a ‘daily rate’, and they cry like little girls if the work isn’t there and they have to park you up on ‘only’ 12hrs.

12hr days are basically the norm for day work, there are some jobs that aren’t 12hr days, but they also don’t usually pay that well either.

I’d understand you complaining about the hours if you were going home, but if you’re down the road, parking up for 12hrs for just £25 or whatever, when you could’ve done another 2 or 3hrs work and earned an extra 20 quid on top of that??

Only YOU can decide what you actually want from a job and what your priorities are.