New job! Bulk tipping advice welcome!

Express Pete:
Me too - Schofield you are a genius

I think this is from people who drive 44 tonners with 6, 8 or 10 tons in the back & have no idea what it’s like to have only two weights, 44ton or empty!!

Sod em eh?

Ross.

Dont forget to let the trailer air go if pos when tipping.

Some good advice there thanks. I’m also new to the tipping game. I’m enjoying it but f me it’s dirty :open_mouth::grin::grin:

only uncouple a loaded bulker with the body completely down

Why’s that stevie? Hydraulic pressure?

JB:

No, the neck on a modern bulker isn’t meant to take the weight of tipping without a unit under the plate, if you connect a hydraulic pipe (without a unit under) & ‘sent it up’ the neck would go down & the body wouldn’t move!!!

Ross.

BIGr25o. like the comment on tipping and the clouds , happened to us all , reach for the handle down.

you will get plenty of inductions for different sites with differnt cards
never ever be afraid to ask most of the tipper lads will always help
i used to find that if you are using the grain sock loosening the rear sheet strap always used help the steady flow of grain etc
we all make mistakes but the bigger the mistake the more sweeping up to be done lol

bigr250:

JB:

No, the neck on a modern bulker isn’t meant to take the weight of tipping without a unit under the plate, if you connect a hydraulic pipe (without a unit under) & ‘sent it up’ the neck would go down & the body wouldn’t move!!!

Ross.

Oh, & the trailer would be a “write off”!!!

Mee again. :confused:

Tipping tree bark can be a bit sticky at the top of the ■■■■, keep spare underwear in your cab, you will get use to seeing the wind blow the ■■■■ when fully up and empty.

Great post never done tipper work and read some great advice .This is what this forum is about helping each other well done lads :confused: :smiley:

Agreed. Some really helpful stuff there lads thank you. I’m enjoying the variety and fresh challenge. All the farms I’ve been to have been spot on. Once I’ve told em “I’m new to this can you show me the score please” they’ve been very helpful.

JB:
Agreed. Some really helpful stuff there lads thank you. I’m enjoying the variety and fresh challenge. All the farms I’ve been to have been spot on. Once I’ve told em “I’m new to this can you show me the score please” they’ve been very helpful.

I was overtaken on my way into Liverpool this afternoon by ‘one of yours’, is was an 03reg Actross & he was definately an old hand as he ran to the end of the M62 & turned onto Queens Drive towards the docks. Going this way you don’t have to put up with all the nonsence from VOSA @ Switch Island who just love tippers!!!

I take it that is wasn’t you??

Ross.

charliemjp:
BIGr25o. like the comment on tipping and the clouds , happened to us all , reach for the handle down.

yep :laughing: :laughing:

No it wasn’t me. I’m in brugge waiting to tip coal.

When I started on bulk I was thrown in at the deep end with a loaded trailer. Told to get down the road, send the ■■■■ up and ■■■■ off for another one and dont do any ■■■■■■■ damage like those other ■■■■■. Training done!

I think you’ll really like bulk tippers if you don’t like rdcs. It’s all go go go but like the other people have said bring something to read or do while you wait at mills. If you are in a quarry loading from an overhead hopper make sure you ask the weighbridge guy how fast it loads and if the load comes straight down or at an angle. If you’re still unsure, set the weigher alarm at 11-12 ton and load the front half until it goes off, then drop it down and load the rest over the trailer wheels.

Also, farmers are brilliant when they load you with grain but when you’re bringing them fertilizer they usually don’t give a ■■■■. Their spreading contractors will ask you to tip in ridiculous places. Don’t take any ■■■■, if it doesn’t look safe to dangle 30tons over your trailer wheels it probably isn’t. Alot of the time they’re not even there, so just tip where you think it’ll be OK and get on with your day.

PS. Farmers daughters

It’s not stayed this clean for long :smiley::grin::lol:
Currently covered in coal dust with a bit of maize gluten topping.

Muckaway:
I’ll keep an eye out for you as Robinsons tip often at FWP Matthews at Shipton Under Wychwood.

Are you working at Matthews? Or just visiting?

Welcome on board!! As long as you don’t mind a bit of graft at times and not afraid to ask for advice when not sure…you’ll be fine

Oh and the brown trousers are a good idea!!

Si

SwedishSteel:
PS. Farmers daughters

its the only thing i miss ha ha ha