New Iveco there call it a T.O.Y

iI think the scania will win :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

ivecoevents.com/

commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … e-low-down

Or maybe Scania wont :wink:

can’t wait till march when i get mine, if it lives up to everything i have read about it and the spec that iveco are offering, i don’t thing i will want to go home lol, but seriously the euro 6 spec is far the superior than anything that other marks are offering :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

What does toy stand for?

Totally
'Oribble
Yucky

I wonder if the radio controller box for the toy one has loads of switch blanks that don’t do anything.

Wow genius bit of marketing there, ‘we can’t stand up next to real competitors so we’ll just use remote control models instead’ would be the message I get from that.

Never forget when we had a Iveco Stralis on demo, the time when they were in all blacks livery, the transport manager got in it, and when he came to get out, the door handle came off in his hand… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: needless to say he was not impressed. It’s a shame really, because when I’ve spoken to other drivers etc, they seem to like them, as long as its got the 13 litre engine.

That is the worst advert ive ever seen in my life, and ive seen all the go compare adverts! My company also do pish adverts you wonder how much companies are paid to come up wae this crap? See whoever does the irn bru adverts they are the best on tv without a doubt!

i have to admit, i quite like the stralis.
when i’m on containers, the firm i work for have a couple of older ones. yes the cab is cheap and nasty, and as they get older the electronics go abit vague, but there is just something about them i like. think its the cab layout, suits me.
going up the hill on the m2 towards j3, you know the big long drag, the firms renaults and m.a.n. s struggle at 40/44 tonne, but the old 08 plate stralis just digs in and flies up the hill virtually flat out, (its a 550)
may be the oldest nastiest thing on the fleet, but i’d pick it every time.
be interested to see inside the new one.

perkibre:
Never forget when we had a Iveco Stralis on demo, the time when they were in all blacks livery, the transport manager got in it, and when he came to get out, the door handle came off in his hand… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: needless to say he was not impressed. It’s a shame really, because when I’ve spoken to other drivers etc, they seem to like them, as long as its got the 13 litre engine.

Ahh memories. If they could just improve the build quality they might get there one day.

Had a Turbostar for a bit with a Fiat V8 powerfull, but the electrics where plain nasty, goot a new loom put in Italy when I broke down, when they put the battery back in the truck went on fire. That was the last of Iveco for me.

Very comfortable, but it’s Italian stuff, Cheapo and Nastya, and a bit complicato.

Rikki-UK:
http://www.commercialmotor.com/big-lorry-blog/iveco-s-stralis-hi-way-is-truck-of-the-year-2013-and-biglorryblog-has-the-low-down

Or maybe Scania wont :wink:

The Iveco Stralis Hi-Way with a winning score of 138 votes, which was enough for the new Italian heavy-duty, long-haul truck to beat off the strong challenge posed by Mercedes-Benz’s Antos heavy-duty short-range distribution truck which collected 107 votes. Ford Otosan’s New Cargo finished in the third place, while the all-wheel drive six-tonne Fuso Canter 4x4 was fourth.

The three runners up…

Is it me or is “Transformers” the new style for 2013■■

I think I was one of the few in Raymonds whos iveco never had a problem, well apart from blowing the sizable abs fuse lol only gripe was the poor clip holding the centre bed section (fold out table) up had a close call with a hot pan of water which resulted in a creative use of a bungee cable.

kevchalluk:

Rikki-UK:

The Merc looks good…Keeping up with the Actros theme…

Is the Ford destined for the European Market ■■.

I hope they’ve changed the Interior of the ‘New’ Iveco, 'Cause they’re normally cheap & tacky…

Geoffo:

kevchalluk:

Rikki-UK:

The Merc looks good…Keeping up with the Actros theme…

Is the Ford destined for the European Market ■■.

I hope they’ve changed the Interior of the ‘New’ Iveco, 'Cause they’re normally cheap & tacky…

the new ones have a totally new interior, new dash the whole lots been changed and improved, from what i have seen and the spec of my new one its as good as anything else on the road, infact better than quite a few, mine coming with full leather interior, staybrite alloys i think we are getting the night aircon unit thrown in and the new telematics system with all the sat nav built in and performance monitoring system, and its only a rental, happy days :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: