NEW in here, can you please help

I am looking to buy my first truck. Can anybody tell me something about this truck from Wincanton. I am worry because of the ADR plate on the front . Does this means that it was used for tanks or not necessarily.Thanks

Well it means it has at least once been used to carry something hazardous, and yes, probably regularly.

I wouldn’t worry about it, if that is the case, it’ll have had an easier life than being rushed round on general haulage.

Every where rumors about how wrong it is to buy an ex tanker unit. I think like you said it was used for other dangerous things and not for tankers. It is to high to be a tanker

if you can get hold of an ex petrol contract one,ideal ,as they have run empty 50% of the time also very well maintained.

I think he means a unit that has been shielded at the back for petrol tankers with insulated electrics, there’s a word for it, can’t think what is. Doesn’t look like a pet. regs vehicle to me.

At a guess if it is ex Wincanton could of come of the boxes hence the ADR plates as I no some containers carry adr goods

Would I be right in thinking that this wagon is at CRS Trucks in Swadlincote? I recognise the setting of the picture from when I bought mine from them! I bought my first ever wagon off them in November last year and I honestly couldn’t recommend them highly enough! I dealt with Chris and his attitude with me was first class!

Basically I enquired about the unit whilst my operators licence application was awaiting approval, and he knew this may take anywhere from 3-10 weeks. I went to see it but obviously I couldn’t say yes or no as I didn’t want to jump the gun before my operators licence had been approved. He knew I wanted it and just asked that I keep him in the picture with regards my operators licence. Anyway 2 weeks went by without any contact until he rung me up and said someone was interested in the wagon I wanted, did I want to put a refundable £500 deposit on it until my o licence came through? I put my £500 deposit on it and never had any worries that I was going to be screwed over by him.

Anyway, to cut a long story short he must have held onto that wagon for about 7 or 8 weeks before I could finally say yes to buying it and get the finance sorted out. As soon as I got into his yard on the morning I picked it up the kettle was on and we sat down in his office to thrash out the final few things such as warranty etc. When the wagon had been finished getting valeted they brought it down the yard and it was in absolutely immaculate condition both inside and out. Good luck with the purchase and i’m sure you won’t have reason to complain at CRS!

Cheers,
Matthew

monarch of the highway:
At a guess if it is ex Wincanton could of come of the boxes hence the ADR plates as I no some containers carry adr goods

here’s a picture of it working

flickr.com/photos/rpb2011/6309098563/

nickuk76:
… I am worry because of the ADR plate on the front . Does this means that it was used for tanks or not necessarily.Thanks

Hi nickuk76,

On UK work, the (plain) front orange plate for ADR is the same regardless of whether the vehicle carries dangerous goods in a tanker or in packages, so I’m afraid there are no easy clues from the picture.

If you could get a pic of the rear of the cab, especially any extra non-standard pipework / extra susies, then we might be in with a shout.

From the pic, I’d say at a guess that it hasn’t been on tanker work because a tractor unit for tanker work doesn’t usually need such a high air deflector on the roof. It’s not conclusive though.

Thanks to all . Now the hard part is coming… Money

nickuk76:
Thanks to all . Now the hard part is coming… Money

have you already got your operating licence?

you will need this to obtain finance for the truck

hi mate its a nice truck that i presume you have applied for your operator licence and your insurances are in place have you got work for your motor all these should be considerd before worrying about a hazardous plate that is on the front of the truck besides what difference will that make to the work you do good luck with your new venture my friend you will probably need it