new idea

like i said it was just an idea to see what sort of interest it got

Thankks for the laugh Happy Keith.I think that the running costs of this are simply too high. What about approaching a local haulier and seeing about leasing a unit and driver on a AD-HOC basis to get started with.

hm didnt think of that one ive got a friend in it who is goin to make me a wbsite see how much interest it gets

look why not do it with a normal car like my LWB Jag going cheap.Weddings but just do registry office do’s leave the big stuff to the big boys.Throw in a few pics done with a digi,quick development and in an album.Done several registry jobs for mates without much money just to see if it would work and I tell you there is business out there.Cheap n’ cheerful registry jobs you’ll make millions

hm now your talkin i could start small and work my way up alot of these wedding companys charge a fortune so providing the costs were cheap enought i could off a cheap rate to people on a tight budget

orionadam1:
hm now your talkin i could start small and work my way up alot of these wedding companys charge a fortune so providing the costs were cheap enought i could off a cheap rate to people on a tight budget

if you talk with one of those put on lispy ■■■■■■ voices you’ll be quids in, the bride will think your soooo cute and the groom won’t be worried that you’re gonna try and throw one up his new missus :laughing:

Think of all the teenage fanny with their breasticles jacked up under their chins at prom time! :grimacing:

Muckaway:
Think of all the teenage fanny with their breasticles jacked up under their chins at prom time! :grimacing:

I do, at least once every 6 seconds :laughing:

newmercman:
Now, my pedantic rant over, yes it’s a good idea, but you’re going to need a hell of a chunk of change to but an American truck, an 05 Peterbilt 379 will set you back around $50k, then you have to get it shipped over, then pay import duties, then have somewhere to store it, you’ll have to insure it, maintain it, put diesel in it, parts will be hard to find and expensive as none of the engines fitted in them are available in Europe. All said and done you’re looking at at investment of over 50 grand Sterling, you’re going to need an awful lot of weddings and funerals to get a return on that investment, there are people that do this kind of thing, but first and foremost they own a big yank as their hobby, the weddings and funerals are done just to make the financial impact a bit less severe :wink:

I now a guy who imports a few corvettes ever year and when i asked him about running one of these over here and possible hassle getting parts, he said that you can get parts shipped over in 3 days. So perhaps running an American lorry in the UK would not be as big a hassle as it once was.

i think there is a market out there for this yes there are companys that already do this but they are all down south ive yet to find one in the midlands

NB12:

newmercman:
Now, my pedantic rant over, yes it’s a good idea, but you’re going to need a hell of a chunk of change to but an American truck, an 05 Peterbilt 379 will set you back around $50k, then you have to get it shipped over, then pay import duties, then have somewhere to store it, you’ll have to insure it, maintain it, put diesel in it, parts will be hard to find and expensive as none of the engines fitted in them are available in Europe. All said and done you’re looking at at investment of over 50 grand Sterling, you’re going to need an awful lot of weddings and funerals to get a return on that investment, there are people that do this kind of thing, but first and foremost they own a big yank as their hobby, the weddings and funerals are done just to make the financial impact a bit less severe :wink:

I now a guy who imports a few corvettes ever year and when i asked him about running one of these over here and possible hassle getting parts, he said that you can get parts shipped over in 3 days. So perhaps running an American lorry in the UK would not be as big a hassle as it once was.

They’re very relaible, so it wouldn’t be a constant worry, but say a fault develops, you have to get a fitter out, he diagnoses the fault, then decides it needs a new part, so they go back and find out where they can get one, it’ll need paying for before it’s even shipped, that’s going to take up most of a day, then 3days later the part arrives and the fitter puts it on, all is well again, but that’s a long time to be on the hard shoulder, the poor old groom is going to be absolutely gagging for it at that point :laughing:

Its interesting idea I got married in July and we had been looking into wedding cars and my wife to be said jokingly why dont I use my truck so I looked into it and my company sorted out for me a brand new truck and you should have seen the look on the guests and residents faces when we left the church and a brand spanking new bin lorry was waiting with all its lights on to take us away !!! cos it was the town centre even tourists were taking photos of us !!! it was a fantastic talking point at the wedding!!

A RUBBISH idea, a WASTE of time, I’d SKIP attending that do, although I’m sure most people had BIN drinking… :laughing:

Why can’t u drive a truck yet?

toowise:
‘…heres a few thoughts … Weddings …Prom nights … Advertising … Corporate events … TV and film …’

Prison Pick-ups … Bank jobs?

Armagedon:
‘…Cheap n’ cheerful registry jobs you’ll make millions…’

Yeah - in cheap ■■■■, crack, dodgy blow, IOU’s, E’s, lipstick heavy nosh-offs and warm & flat Carling down at the Stabbers Arms?

Maybe hang slack getting a bank account and a kosher credit card scanner - better off waiting till one comes in as payment & then renting a corner of Arthur Daley’s lock-up for other invoice payments, eh?

hi all,
i own a 1983 peterbilt 359,that i use for truck shows and road runs.i would have serious reservations as to wether this business idea could be sustained.in just over two years of my owning this truck,i have had several enquiries.i have a good friend/customer in the limo.business and i don’t want him getting the hump with me for stealing his clients.so anyone that asks i tell them it can only be booked through them.this immediatley tells me i will never hear from these interested? people again.
however, once or twice i have for family/friends and certain work providers relatives done prom’s,children’s birthday parties etc.if you are going to go for it,then it would have to be a yank.be prepared for a fair amount of hostility from certain members of the uk transport industry as alot of those guys vomit when they see “one of those stupid yankee things”,the remainder,well they run to one side of coaches as you overtake them on motorways,they all will video and photograph you at every opportunity and have the biggest smile as soon as they see it,the population and his dog will ask “have you seen ice road truckers?” and when you enter france,holland or belgium they are just as keen,if not more so.newmercman mentioned the coca-cola tour and in my opinion his advice was very good.you’r best bet would be to get on that :smiley: .good luck and sorry to go on!.
regards andrew

pete 359:
[album][/albu
Anyone notice he’s got his hand in his pocket? :laughing: And the one in green’s got a good pair of hadley horns! :open_mouth: :smiley:

It is better to try & fail than be always wondering what might have been. Old fire engines are cheap as a starter vehicle perhaps.

here we go when finished it will be up for auction.

roadtransport.com/blogs/truck-and-van-blog/

pete 359:

No offence, but is it me or do the tall bloke & green bird in sensible shoes appear well unsure; the black dressed bird doesn’t know what day it is and the big-boned lovely hasn’t been told that she’s expected to haul that mass into the cab, which incidentally would need to be Tardis!