New Guy saying hello

Hi guys and girls.

A quick note just to introduce myself, I am an owner operator originally from the mountains in North Wales but now located in Kent; I operate a curtain sided trailer and a moving floor trailer, and tend to sub contract for other larger hauliers (as quite frankly its an easier life) I make a reasonablewage as an owner operator, I know im never going to be a millionarie but it gets me by and seesmy young family well.

I spend most of the week out and about all over the UK tramping all week, which suits me down to the ground. I cherish the time ith my family at weekend, and being away all week means that the time I have at the weekends is our quality time.

My steed is a white Iveco Stralis with (normally) a white walking floor trailer, I will be getting some graphics and signwriting done within the next few weeks so will post some pics of her then and I spend my time out on the road with my faithful German Shepherd Dog Jake.

My CB Handel is ‘Silverback’ which stems from a nickname I was given due to going grey at the age of 15!.

So if you see me about or hear me on the CB give us a flash, and dont be scared to come and say hi if you see me parked up in a layby or a truckstop somewhere; its a lonely world out there so why not make friends!

Speak soon
Silverback
3 Feathers Haulage

Hello 3 Feathers

Welcome to TruckNet UK

Hey silverback!

Great to see another Welsh man on :slight_smile:

Francis

What a nice introduction. Welcome to TN 3F.

Hello mate, welcome along.

I’m going down the same road, with the same expectations at the mo, I’m posting off my O licence application tomorrow and should be putting a truck on the road some time this Summer, I’m going to be subbing, am realistic about what I will be earning, and know that this is what I must do. It might go ■■■■-up but if I don’t try it then I will regret my chicken-heartedness forever.

Stick around, you found a good website.

Hi Harry Monk

I was a driver for a few years, I managed to build up contacts then rather than go into general haulage decided to look at moving floor trailer, the rates are a bit better at the moment. My first truck I purchased but with the introduction of LEZ and increased maintenance costs I decided to lease the iveco. I know they are not to everyones taste but it has probed to be a good reliable truck with plenty of space and equipment; more importantly it is cheap.
The best bit of advice I can give anyone starting up is to treat every penny like a prisoner, and even if your subbing try to negotiate on each job.

Hi Silverback… :sunglasses: