New gen Scania turbo failures

Hi, while been recovered i’ve had chat with recovery guy and he said, that quite lot of new gen Scanias R450 having turbo failures…
Anyone has any inside info about cause of this? As classic R450 was fine…

Yes mine went two weeks ago only ten months old

Funny innit, back in the days when drivers weren’t shouted at by some jumped up twerp or put on a disciplinary for letting an engine warm up or cool down properly, and when oil change intervals were sensible and not at 100k intervals, a turbo failure was unheard of…as were starter motors failing due to dozens of starts a day to keep telematics and prefects happy :bulb:

And its not just the new gen, we’ve had a number of turbo failures on old models too, vehicles allocated to drivers who allow them to warm up and cool down don’t tend to suffer, but vehicles these days get used by every tom ■■■■ and pietre.

We should ask Tricky how he drives!
Interesting point but… thinking about company i used to work where idling was monitored and drivers punished…none of the Actros (i hate btw) turbo failed…

We all know, the reasons turbo’s are failing, but try and tell the spotty you’ff, in charge of telematics and who reports to the manger, who then reports to the fleet manager who then reports to the traffic manager, who then gets HR to give you a date for a telling off, by the training officer, for allowing your truck to idle for 1 minute.

Juddian:
Funny innit, back in the days when drivers weren’t shouted at by some jumped up twerp or put on a disciplinary for letting an engine warm up or cool down properly, and when oil change intervals were sensible and not at 100k intervals, a turbo failure was unheard of…as were starter motors failing due to dozens of starts a day to keep telematics and prefects happy :bulb:

And its not just the new gen, we’ve had a number of turbo failures on old models too, vehicles allocated to drivers who allow them to warm up and cool down don’t tend to suffer, but vehicles these days get used by every tom ■■■■ and pietre.

100% juddian ,but nowdays people are in too much of a rush .and to be honest trucks are hitting the supercar scenario today and need to be treated with kid gloves…Nowdays trucks are not trucks as in how you used to know them