New fuel for buses?

a couple of weeks ago i was listening to the togmeister and he was talking about some buses somewhere running on sheeps urine.
as i didn’t buy any papers and most weeks don’t because life on the road is depressing enough (without reading about what new ideas the government can come up with to take money out of our pockets or who is next on george bush’ list of countries to be aquired) i am not sure if the story was actually real or not and i have only just remembered that i was going to enquire about this subject.
i do recall having this vision of a farmer standing at the side of the road with a flock of sheep and a petrol station sign with a price per litre and then holding the sheep up to the filler cap on the number 9 bus while it does the business in the tank.

can anyone throw any light on this and is there perhaps any plans for trucks to be run on human urine or even adblue to be replaced with human urine as it would certainly improve the smell at the msa’s if everyone started to pee in the tank instead of on the wheels.

i wonder if anyone would start collecting the discarded bottles of the yellow stuff that have been cast out on the side of the roads?

FYI

ad blue is Aqueous Urea Solution or sheep wee .
beware

FYI

the official description for adblue is

What is AdBlue made from?

AdBlue is a made from a chemical called urea (sometimes called carbamide) dissolved in pure water. Urea is a synthetic product, generally manufactured from natural gas, and is used in chemical fertilizers, plastics, and cosmetics. AdBlue is not made from recycled agricultural products.

but then there is this information about urea,

Urea (also known as carbamide) is a waste product of many living organisms, and is the major organic component of human urine. This is because it is at the end of chain of reactions which break down the amino acids that make up proteins. These amino acids are metabolised and converted in the liver to ammonia, CO2, water and energy. But the ammonia is toxic to cells, and so must be excreted from the body. Aquatic creatures, such as fish, can expel the ammonia directly into the water, but land-based animals need another disposal method. So the liver converts the ammonia to a non-toxic compound, urea, which can then be safely transported in the blood to the kidneys, where it is eliminated in urine.

and the advice given for Personal protection is

Minimize exposure.

so after reading all of this i would say that it seems likely that urinating into the adblue would seem to be ok.

Sorry about this before i start, :smiling_imp: , but i heard the bus companies have been taking the p*ss for years,and the firm i work for seem to also give their drivers loads of [zb] :slight_smile:

Edit. :unamused: