New forum member

I just wanted to say hello to everyone :slight_smile:
My name is Mariusz, and I’m 26 years-old owner-driver from Poland. I started my driver’s carreer when I was 21, and got my own truck in winter 2013/14. I usually drive between Poland-Germany-Netherlands-Spain. I come to visit UK from time to time as well. I drive 2011 MAN TGX with Krone tautliner.
I found this forum while browsing random sites on the internet, and thought it was very interesting… so here I am :wink:
I hope it will be well spent time :slight_smile:

Welcome along fella,enjoy your stay :smiley:

Welcome to TNUK.

Let me ask you one question. How does it look financially for you, I mean stepping up from being PAYE employee to owner driver? You can pm me if you like as this is not related to here I guess. I am asking about Poland’s reality.

Hello, nice truck :smiley:

Blacov89:
Welcome to TNUK.

Let me ask you one question. How does it look financially for you, I mean stepping up from being PAYE employee to owner driver? You can pm me if you like as this is not related to here I guess. I am asking about Poland’s reality.

It’s no secret I think, conditions are pretty much the same in the western Europe (and that’s where I try to operate), so I can reveal something. Profits may vary a lot, and that depends on the amount of loads on the market. I’ve learned that January and August, are the worst months throughout the year. However, the succesfull month allows me to earn about 350% - 400% of my regular driver’s income. I’m happy with the results of my risky step - I sold my flat in order to start this bussines - and I hope it will pay up in the future.

I will be happy to answer any questions you guys will ask :slight_smile: