New FM/FH Volvo`s

Fileep:
Electronic handbrake the best thing ever, you rarely have to touch it! Just turn the engine off and it comes on, put it in gear and away you go, whats not to like?

I don’t think you can beat yanking a big handle (ohhhh matron).

Fileep:
Electronic handbrake the best thing ever, you rarely have to touch it! Just turn the engine off and it comes on, put it in gear and away you go, whats not to like?

:slight_smile:
If Road is slippery with Snow or Ice and the Lorry starts going i have no Clutch,so i switch to Neutral if nothing elde fails,and the Handbrake would send me with Locked Wheels just anywhere

NB12:
They have been on the road a while now and I still think they are dog ugly. If it’s a grower it must be going to take a long bloody time. The diagonal lines, that cut back where a side cab window would be and the plastic under the screen are hideous.

So its not just me who thinks the same then…:laughing:

Fileep:

Thats the best new feature for me, love it:grin:

tango boy:
13 plate Emersons have have had problems with the adblue & the air tanks on the back catching on some weighbridges.

Can’t believe how stupid the air tanks are placed. Seen 4 fh4 stuck on the ramp to a ferry I go on regularly with broken air tanks.

Does UK volvos also come with charging cabel? Here they supply a cabel with the truck because it has to be charged think it was once every week. Apparently the generator doesn’t charge the batteries good enough so the truck will not start after 2 weeks, Amazing.

We had the FM’s for 6 months now and I have got more used to them,
Although there’s a hump in the middle - my drivers bag sits nicely in the hole between the hump & the passenger seat - without sliding about.

The Radio is 5h!t - the mirrors are at an angle so the glass sticks out & is prone to getting mucky.

They keep going into Limp mode as the Ad blu does not mix right,
2 have gone in & had the injectors replaced and they are only 4 months old

My window on the drivers side on the FH4 rarely shuts properly I have to lower the passenger side one first before it does.
Had problems at first with the ad blue which is now fixed,the bed is very comfortable and the space inside is huge,lovely to drive.
I’m happy with it apart from it don’t go as fast as my last one! :smiley:

Nicer to drive than the old one ,seem a bit firmer and the steering wheel tilts back more [bit like a scania],interior not as well made as the older model,some switches are not as good like the door knobs and door trays…radio is crap,no room in front of passenger seat,prefer them to the previous model but far from perfect :neutral_face:

How much is Renault involved with these models, our 60/61 Reg FL Fire Appliances have many faults and the die hard ex Volvo lads we have on the maint staff are very quick to point out all the problems are down to Renault! The rest of us don’t exactly buy that, the build quality is poor, cab windows continually having regulator faults, we’ve solved the window shattering which was caused by the runners falling out into the bottom of the doors leaving the glass slapping about. Door seals splitting, other cab trim parts poorly fitted, brake pads breaking up, brake chambers leaking and applying the rear brake, brake caliper pistons bending when the pads near wear limit so they can’t be wound off when replacing pads and new calipers are required. Cabs splitting around the top door areas, too many softwear faults to mention (sounds like a song!) and I’ve probably missed a few more. Not really impressed, the older FL’s were a different class, yeah the newer FL’s are nice to drive but there should be more to a vehicle than that. Franky.

Frankydobo:
How much is Renault involved with these models, our 60/61 Reg FL Fire Appliances have many faults and the die hard ex Volvo lads we have on the maint staff are very quick to point out all the problems are down to Renault! The rest of us don’t exactly buy that, the build quality is poor, cab windows continually having regulator faults, we’ve solved the window shattering which was caused by the runners falling out into the bottom of the doors leaving the glass slapping about. Door seals splitting, other cab trim parts poorly fitted, brake pads breaking up, brake chambers leaking and applying the rear brake, brake caliper pistons bending when the pads near wear limit so they can’t be wound off when replacing pads and new calipers are required. Cabs splitting around the top door areas, too many softwear faults to mention (sounds like a song!) and I’ve probably missed a few more. Not really impressed, the older FL’s were a different class, yeah the newer FL’s are nice to drive but there should be more to a vehicle than that. Franky.

Bloody hell, glad Norfolk have Scania fire appliances :open_mouth:
Does seem to be a catalogue of faults, I can only say that I drove Renaults for 15yrs up to 2009, and didn’t have many breakdown issues with the later Premiums (dci’s), Renaults own drive lines were always built proof, though electrics and cab rot did let down earlier model G and R cabs. Never drove a Volvo drive lined Renault, If I’m thinking the right model, then the FL is a Renault cab, so your fitters probably are right, though could just be a rogue bunch :wink:

Yeah Eddie these models do seem to have sullied the Volvo name, I would have prefered Scanias in the fleet myself but the Service is a long time Volvo user and has had good results from past models, we’ll just have to crack on and deal with it, at least they keep us in a job I suppose! Franky.

Renault cab on the Volvo FL…and presumably a crew-cab on a fire appliance?

Is the crew-cab an after-market conversion?