NEW FH OR MP4

Ive just been reading the new c/m and brian yeardley has ordered 13 mp4,s after being so chuffed with the one hes allready got,the volvo gets a ok rite up but is let down by the dealers and back up,ive allways been a volvo man but the new merc as really grown on me and looks great in their livery,whats other peoples thoughts and experiences :question: :question:

We have 7 of the new volvos and are having nothing bit problems with them,i’m on 3rd set of batteries,twice weekly draining water out of fuel, daily says coolant low(its not) electric handbrake wont release, if i open windows when windy they wont go back up, night heater works when it feels like it the list goes on and on we have one new merc and its doing fantastic mpg.

The new Volvo is just out so there is going to be a few things that need fixing but the mercedes has been out a few years now so if there was anything wrong with it it is fixed now so for that reason I would go for the mercedes for now and I think the new mercedes is a very good looking lorry too :smiley:

New Actros gearbox not too clever in town conditions but ok on a run but loads of room in the cab. New Volvo has a superb gearbox and great vision out those side windows past the mirrors and the retarder is also great. Both got comfy beds but the one on the Actros has an end that raises up like a sun bed around the pool so good for reading.

I’ve driven both plenty of times but gotta say the Volvo does it for me it’s so driver friendly.

Forgot to say Merc is getting at least 5% better fuel return.

Won’t go wrong with either. For preference, I’d have a Volvo - for the I-shift if nowt else. A Merc would not be a poor ‘second’.

We’ve just been quoted for a new unit recently, all similar spec;

Merc - £97.5k
Volvo - £103k
Scania - £116.5k :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Be interested in the new Scania/Man when it shows up. Our Scania dealer is whispering June time for a launch…

How can Scrapia justify a 10% premium for a unit? There Gash, uncomfortable, ■■■■■ spec as standard. Hope that quote is for a v8

Scania urinates on Volvo & Merc everytime so they can charge a premium…!

NewLad:
How can Scrapia justify a 10% premium for a unit? There Gash, uncomfortable, [zb] spec as standard. Hope that quote is for a v8

No sir, a 490…

Pimpdaddy:

They can charge what they like… trick is getting someone to pony up for it!!

Pimpdaddy:

Must be something wrong with the ones I’ve driven! Maybe in the 80/90’s they were something special but I’ve not seen it.

NewLad:
Must be something wrong with the ones I’ve driven! Maybe in the 80/90’s they were something special but I’ve not seen it.

Thats what I think about Volvos, nothing special whatsoever & transmission system that’s way overrated…

Pimpdaddy:

NewLad:

Thats what I think about Volvos, nothing special whatsoever & transmission system that’s way overrated…

I don’t agree however that is your opinion and I respect it

Cheers