New Fashion ???

Hi everyone I’m a newbie on this site so please bear with me if I don’t get posting right first time (bit like me backing on a bay most days )

One question on my travels around the country in the run up to christmas I saw at least 4 different car transporters travelling with the top deck raised at full height loaded front to back with cars ( one withh transit type vans) and absolutly nothing on the lower decks … surely this must be a bit unstable or is it a new fashion ■■?

anyone shed any light ■■?

Not that much weight in cars. The ones with the vans on can only have them on the top deck if they are high roofs, they dont fit underneath!! trucks must have been on multi drop as thats the way they are loaded. Top deck first, lift it, then middle, then bottom.

Hope this helps.

oh, I forgot to add, if the top deck was at full height, there would be no roofs on the cars as they would clatter the first bridge they encountered. :laughing:

thanks for that Bowserman I did mean that they were running with the tops of the cars /vans at max height ,I’ve not done car transporters but I don’t get why if they had cleared the lower decks at a previous drop they didn’t drop the top deck down to travel I’m just curious

as long as they were under 16 ft then there is no need to. I sometimes drop the back ready for the next drop, but its just however you like it.