New Family Car, Suggestions?

DAF95XF:
MG ZT, or the ZT-T :wink:
Get the 2.5 V6 one :wink:

Not a chance.

Dicia duster father in law has a petrol 2wd nice and roomy too even with 5 in it mpg is around 40. Personally I tend to buy older last 3 were French 1.8 Laguna lovely car but always went wrong. Citroen c5 51 diesel very comfy current is pug407 saloon all were bought very cheeply the engines on the 2.0 diesel is solid have you thought about a late rover 75

I’ve had two(2007/2011) Honda Accord 2.2CTDi Sport Accords
(diesel 45mpg av easy) since 2008.
Very well finished/specced car.
Equal or better build quality than the German marques and over 120k between the two and yet to even replace so much as a lightbulb!!!

alix776:
have you thought about a late rover 75

Christ I visit Kenilworth Castle and everyone thinks I’m hiding from the Grim Reaper. :laughing:
I’d consider a Rover as a means to dispose of our domestic waste. Fill her up to the roof with junk and put a lighted rag in the fuel tank.

The 75 desiel is an underestimated as a sold car usually there not battered as usually owned by old blokes

Just me but consider Golfs, I always liked em. Perhaps one for about 8k then spend the rest on a nice holiday or ■■■■, whichever takes your fancy.

As you’re not a car guy something boring but enderrated. Mitsubishi Lancer, Toyota Corolla that sort of thing. Unfashionable so cheap used and unlikrly to be abused.

We bought an ex demo 15 plate Kia Venga on Saturday. It’s like the Tardis, takes up the same space as our old Fiesta but has loads more room and boot space. More fun to drive, and much quieter. We traded in our Fiesta (got good money for it) and the 207 (not such good money but they don’t sell for much nowadays anyway).
If I’d taken notice of the reviews we wouldn’tve bothered though, hence why we had two test drives on different roads (not keen on dealers having a set route).