New ERF book

Anyone got the Erf B,C,Cp & E series book yet by Patrick Dyer ?

Not yet but hopefully it’ll be in my Christmas stocking

Got mine a couple of months ago, great book if you are into ERFs

T.B

Want one :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I am not sure why Cp has been used in the title as it’s not exactly a series of its Own as such as its still a C series really .

I have it, great book ,in fact i have all of the …at work series, even both f88 books.

It is my Christmas box this year :slight_smile:

This is a most excellent and commendable book! I bought mine back in Autumn and I have already quoted / made reference to it on other ERF threads. A worthy addition to all road transport enthusiasts’ bookshelves. Robert

gazsa401:

Santa has been ,a very good read ,I note ,and not criticism ,the chrome bumpers on the b series looked excellent page 49,my dad chromed his own but I don’t have a good photo .page 59 the split rims on a c series obviously done by the owner ? Page 83 the red series iam sure that was Harrison’s sheffield and was for sale recently .the E series pre production models fitted with the stainless grill trims of the c series I’d think they would eventually catch with wear and tear ? Page 105 the red 8 wheeler the wind deflectors missing and indicators in the holes as fitted to the c series ,I actually prefer them in the grill stops the step panel being so week and cracking ,page 111 the recalled hand brake valve I know where there’s one of those on the shelf ,page 122 the pre production plastic bumper model I wonder which door hinges were used ?.page 134 iam sure that lorry is ex Allan firmin and fitted with the samt box ? I could of read about in t& d once ? .

Punchy Dan:

gazsa401:

Santa has been ,a very good read ,I note ,and not criticism ,the chrome bumpers on the b series looked excellent page 49,my dad chromed his own but I don’t have a good photo .page 59 the split rims on a c series obviously done by the owner ? Page 83 the red series iam sure that was Harrison’s sheffield and was for sale recently .the E series pre production models fitted with the stainless grill trims of the c series I’d think they would eventually catch with wear and tear ? Page 105 the red 8 wheeler the wind deflectors missing and indicators in the holes as fitted to the c series ,I actually prefer them in the grill stops the step panel being so week and cracking ,page 111 the recalled hand brake valve I know where there’s one of those on the shelf ,page 122 the pre production plastic bumper model I wonder which door hinges were used ?.page 134 iam sure that lorry is ex Allan firmin and fitted with the samt box ? I could of read about in t& d once ? .

Mine unfortunately didn’t arrive but I did get the new Elvis album!!!
It’s my birthday in a few weeks time so I’ve just hinted to the bride not to forget the book
She’s just gone on to EBay and ordered it can’t wait

Punchy Dan:

gazsa401:

Yes the green E series was ex Alan Firm in and was as you said fitted with the samt, it was driven by Alan Moorey and owned by E A Castle of Stood in Kent.

I have found this book to my favourite of the series,particuarly as i have fondness of ERF and there are a lot of local Kent firms represented even though not enough Henley for my liking.
It would have been nice if the book finishd on the c series and the next one started from the E series on wards to the end.

I got mine in my stocking Dan :smiley:
Got to admit tho’ for me the C series with the E290/320 ■■■■■■■ was the best ever, I used to have a C series on AML Transport with the E290 in XRY 836Y, and used to love the cab interior, nice big comfortable bunks.
Thought the E series cab was a backward step with less room :confused:

image.jpg

lawrence2765:
I have found this book to my favourite of the series,particuarly as i have fondness of ERF and there are a lot of local Kent firms represented even though not enough Henley for my liking.
It would have been nice if the book finishd on the c series and the next one started from the E series on wards to the end.

That’s true ,a book with E & EC and just don’t mention after then !

gunnerheskey:
I got mine in my stocking Dan :smiley:
Got to admit tho’ for me the C series with the E290/320 ■■■■■■■ was the best ever, I used to have a C series on AML Transport with the E290 in XRY 836Y, and used to love the cab interior, nice big comfortable bunks.
Thought the E series cab was a backward step with less room :confused:

There was around 10 plus yrs ago a C series at Rush green motors with the exact same twin bunk interior all in great condition ,the only draw back was the l10 290 .

lawrence2765:

Page 30, Anscombe’s of Kent ?
I’ve got a good pic of one of their F88-290s. But have to agree, I’ve got all 8 books including the original F88 book, and this is probably my favourite !
We forget at actually ERFs were on par bhp wise with everything else & went very well :smiley:

I’ve just got mine it’s not a bad book just a shame there wasn’t some more big ERF users featured

Page 30 even though not mentioned the B series was one of F.Anscombe and Son of East Malling in Kent, stopped trading in the late 80s.

Now on the shelves:

Lorries of Arabia: ERF NGC Part 2 - available from Old Pond Publishing.