"New" Eminox for the Scania

Just picked this up today, after winning it on ebay, it will be going on my scania, it is in great condition, but still needs stripping, for a full polish. :smiley: :smiley:

Started polishing the heat shield, using a blue clay bar, with a felt polishing wheel on a variable speed grinder

coming up really well

the exhaust has come off an ERF, which was proudly displayed on the badge, so it was removed, the section with ERF was removed from the badge, redrilled, and riveted back on to the heat shield

it came with the diaganols, which are in good condition

tail pipe is very straight with hardly any marks on it, just needs a good polish :smiley: :smiley:

i stripped it all down, to see the condition of the silencer, which is in good nick, apart from the odd dent, so i tried a section to see how itresponded to the polish…

doesnt look to bad, so will post some more pics up when ive finished the polishing, plus i need a few brackets, and an extra length of tailpipe to make it the same height as the top of the cab.

if anyone has got 5" diameter eminox tail pipe, let me know. :smiley: :smiley:

go canny jimmy witht he polishing mops mate esp on stainless, looks good until you get the thing out side and it shows up all patchy etc where you have been with the mops esp on the h,sheild, :wink: , if you can just use solvo unless its that bad,.

should look the dogs danglys when it is all polished and fitted. :smiley:

globby 480:
go canny jimmy witht he polishing mops mate esp on stainless, looks good until you get the thing out side and it shows up all patchy etc where you have been with the mops esp on the h,sheild, :wink: , if you can just use solvo unless its that bad,.

Cheers globby, i normally finish off with autglym metal polish 0n woolen finishing pad, there is just enough cut in the polish to remove any patchiness from the clay and felt mop, then i seal it with 2 coats of jet seal 109, which is great for sealing and keeping all the road muck out

Here is a link for it

chemicalguys.com/Auto_Detail … 118_16.htm

please dont say this forum is into “detailing” ■■■■ aswell

keith-jennings:
please dont say this forum is into “detailing” [zb] aswell

you dont have to look do ya keith, whats wrong with people showing how they do things? next you will be posting your bmx for us all to see ey keith :grimacing:

keith-jennings:
please dont say this forum is into “detailing” [zb] aswell

If you dont like it, dont look mate, simple :smiley: :smiley:

Finally got round to fitting the eminox, had to buy a few bits and bobs to get it to fit properly, but is still a bargain, and sounds lovely!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

And a few mor pictures