New Driver

Hi guys I’m sure this is a regular question but … I passed my Class 1 many moons ago ( about 25 years ago ) and short of doing some class 2 work last year for about 3 months have done next to none driving. I really want to settle into a driving job now and was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction to any organisation that would re train me on Class one which I would do free of wages until let loose. I have a valid Class One, Digi Tacho but don,t have any CPC Modules although Im ok till next Sept … do have a CPC National though. … any advice greatly appreciated !

Allan4242:
Hi guys I’m sure this is a regular question but … I passed my Class 1 many moons ago ( about 25 years ago ) and short of doing some class 2 work last year for about 3 months have done next to none driving. I really want to settle into a driving job now and was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction to any organisation that would re train me on Class one which I would do free of wages until let loose. I have a valid Class One, Digi Tacho but don,t have any CPC Modules although Im ok till next Sept … do have a CPC National though. … any advice greatly appreciated !

Half a day with a good LGV instructor and you will be sorted - like riding a bicycle after not doing so for a while - it all comes back
You have just over 13 months to get in all the 35 hours dcpc

Depends where you live & start driving they may send someone out with you as some company do but dont worry it will all come back the main difference now is that most lorry are auto

Thanks guys :slight_smile: looking for work around Norwich/Ipswich :smiley: