New driver

Hi guys

Did my class 1 and 2 first time thanks god :slight_smile: cant really get a job for some reason need 100 days driving or sumthing■■?

Any anybody give me any tips to watch out for because i am a little scared of all the techo stuff as i dont wanna get done i have read the book but it seems a lot to take in all at once

thanks
Gary Jones

As long as you stick to the basics you will be fine.

By basics i mean having a 45min break after doing 4 1/2 hours driving (or a 15 then a 30).
Only reducing your daily rest to 9 hours on 3 occasions between weekly rests
Only doing a ■■■■■■■■■■■ total of 9 hours driving in a day, things like that.

At first it will confuse the hell out of you but after a week or 2 it does get easier and you will work it out without even thinking about it.

I’m seeing double. This post has been answered elsewhere…

yes sorry been made 2 times for some reason ,

Yeh thanks for that mate.

I have done a few days doing 7.5 ton whitegoods 2 man and when i finished my driving and the other guy taken over swaped cards over etc… then put it on break for me but when he started driving it went for break to poa is that ok because its showing about 3 hours poa for the day , he told me it was ok but i dont know

Gaz

Yeah thats fine, as vosa will count the first 45 mins of poa as break, due to the tacho software/hardware being released ( the older models anyway) before they had been tested properly by peple using them for real work

thanks for that lee your a star mate.

I just got a digifob and it doesent seem to be tobad so that i can keep an eye on my hrs etc… have u had any experience with these lee ?

I was useing a countdown timer but stop start all the time and i was getting lost where i was lol

Gaz

If you are on digicard, the tacho head will tell you when you are due a driving break. That is one less to worry about.

yes thats right but with me doing like mutidrop WTD comes first 90% of the time

As long as you get 15 minutes in before the 6 hours is up, dont worry about the wtd, or even better just take a 30 after about 4 hours from your shift start (if the boss complains tell him you needed to drop the kids at the porcelain pool) and you thought you’d stretch it to a 30 mins break to cover yourself, any semi decent boss wouldnt bat an eye lid about it anyway.

Gazza Jones:
yes sorry been made 2 times for some reason , …

Hi Gazza,

I fixed that for you. :wink:

Thanks again dave :smiley:

Gaz

You won’t get a job because you didn’t research things first…