new driver

Hi everyone
I just passed my c+e in November last year,I havent done any truck driving for several years as I was working as a joiner.Now looking to get back into driving again.And was looking for any advice on where to look or start.I live in Maybole in Ayrshir,but willing to travel any resonable distance and even willing to relocate if offerd a permanant post.Im willing to concider anything to start with,so open to suggestions.
Thanks for ant help or advice given

Joe

Join the long list of new, experienced & others that have decided to return to driving

Have you tried the job centre web site :question: or going into your local job centre to look at there boards :question: agency you could register with all in your area, local paper :question: or cold calling to all the transport firms in your area taking your CV with you :question:

Thanks animal,ive tried all the suggestions you mention.Was wondering if any one knowes employers that take on new drivers.Im sitting here with 80 CVs to be posted in the morning.
Joe

Yep but unfortunately employers have the pick of drivers atm & Jan is normally a quiet month for taking on drivers poss best to register with all the agency in your area but dont always wait for them to call you phone them each week or daily they will soon find you something

But it also depends where you are & the jobs market in your area atm you may have to look a bit further ( as I know I will )