New Driver

hi All
Im new here so thought i would say hello. I passed my class 2 in july and am doing class 1 in two weeks. Am starting to wonder if im doing the right thing tho. Im 41 and am working as a sales rep doing about 800 miles a week. I love my driving but hate the sales, I have signed up with a few agencies but just getting the usual need experience, If anyone out there hears of anything in the essex area please let me know.

Thank you
Matt

Hiyyaaa minty.matt, if I was you I wouldn’t give up your sales job yet, as that is giving you financial security. Hopefully things will pick up about now for pre-Christmas deliveries so perhaps you may get some agency work. But, dont forget that work may drop off again Jan/Feb time. On a more possative note, Good Luck with your class 1 in two weeks - let us know how your getting on :smiley:

Agree with B/L dont give up your full time job as of yet as agency can bit hit/miss they can guarantee you work all the time so unless you have money to fall back on

Would just hold onto your licence as things will pick up at some point but remember there are a lot of other drivers out looking as well & you dont have the experience as of yet

You could register with some agency in your area but remember that you can only 1 day every other weekend so that may be a way in for you as you will still have your full time job while gaining experience also you will be able to see if you like the job