New Driver

Good evening passed my Cat C in the army and currently in the process of sorting my CPC just awaiting to do the Module 4. Once I have completed this are there any good companies to go for ? I have been approached by TNT offering 7.5t work.

Take any work that’s not agency is my advice,TNT also use class 2 and class ones so it may be a good route to progress into a real trucker :smiley:

Knowing the area you’re looking for work in might help people to help you :wink:

tachograph:
Knowing the area you’re looking for work in might help people to help you :wink:

I think he is in Devon if his username is a clue

ROG:

tachograph:

Fair enough, I never even looked at that to be honest.

I work from hill barton for a family owned distribution company, they are pretty good! Kay’s / Gregory’s always looking for drivers, I’ve got a couple mates there who seem happy enough, not sure if your in to skip work but I’ve got a mate at EMS skip hire who is more then happy. plenty of firms about just got to have a quick google and then get out to see them. Ryan [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tachograph:

ROG:

tachograph:

Fair enough, I never even looked at that to be honest.

Could be a Devon lad but not living in Devon. Driver in Cornwall on one company is called jock yes he’s Scottish but lived in Cornwall the last 50 yrs

Morning all!

Thanks for the replies just to clarify yes I’m from Devon and down in Torquay. Just looking for a reputable company to aim for build up experience etc

I started last week with Gregory’s through an agency, they’ve been brilliant, weren’t concerned about my lack of experience and went with my ‘maturity’ I think! As someone above said they are always needing more drivers, and there’s a big depot near you, Tawton I think? Give them a ring, you may be in a job in days! (Like I was!)

If he wants Gregory’s then he has a good selection of depots around him, you have their Kay’s depots in Ivybridge and Willand or their Gregory’s depots in North Tawton or Cullompton. There is loads of work around in Devon you just need to know what you want to do. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you I think Gregory’s will be the best bet to get my foot through the door and a contract with an employer which is secure rather than agency, thank you for your replies and look forward to the career change!