New Driver!!

1000 LGV theory Qs - FREE - mocktheorytest.com/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

If the medical costs more than £60 = ripped off

peterboroughmatt:

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:
I’m £1363.45 into it at the moment heading into test day, not that I’m counting or anything :laughing:

Not much haha! I’m going into Apex tomorrow morning before work so hopefully they can give me some helpful info and can get the ball rolling a bit… I’m a BIT impatient… just wanna get cracking!!!

Get your medical form and medical done, get practicing your hazard and theory whilst your license is away at Swansea, the day the license is back go online and book your tests yourself (you can go through a training provider but they will charge a fee for doing it) the theory centre in Peterborough is at Stuart House behind the passport office, Apex wouldn’t let me book the actual practical lessons until that was all done and passed. Go down and speak to them and get some of their booklets which guides you through it.

Good luck

I think I’m gonna do exactly that! Once I’ve been to Apex tomorrow and have the forms I’m gonna get it all sent off and make a start on theory… In fact I’m gonna have a look now… why not!

You mind my asking where/what site you did your revision from?

Thanks a ton for the help though, any and all information right now is greatly appreciated… best of luck with your test tomorrow, I’m sure you’ll update us all!! :smiley:

ROG:
1000 LGV theory Qs - FREE - mocktheorytest.com/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

If the medical costs more than £60 = ripped off

LOVE this forum :smiley: THANK YOU Rog :smiley: :smiley:

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:
I’m £1363.45 into it at the moment heading into test day, not that I’m counting or anything :laughing:

Not much haha! I’m going into Apex tomorrow morning before work so hopefully they can give me some helpful info and can get the ball rolling a bit… I’m a BIT impatient… just wanna get cracking!!!

Get your medical form and medical done, get practicing your hazard and theory whilst your license is away at Swansea, the day the license is back go online and book your tests yourself (you can go through a training provider but they will charge a fee for doing it) the theory centre in Peterborough is at Stuart House behind the passport office, Apex wouldn’t let me book the actual practical lessons until that was all done and passed. Go down and speak to them and get some of their booklets which guides you through it.

Good luck

I think I’m gonna do exactly that! Once I’ve been to Apex tomorrow and have the forms I’m gonna get it all sent off and make a start on theory… In fact I’m gonna have a look now… why not!

You mind my asking where/what site you did your revision from?

Thanks a ton for the help though, any and all information right now is greatly appreciated… best of luck with your test tomorrow, I’m sure you’ll update us all!! :smiley:

I got an app on the iPhone, have deleted it now so sorry can’t tell u the exact name, there’s a trial version as well which I got first, the app was £7.99, I also purchased the official book but never used it :unamused: in fact if u want to borrow it you would be most welcome.

Just looked it up, it’s called LGV Therory Test.

peterboroughmatt:

ahhh cool… I’ll have a look and download it :smiley: I should (hopefully!) be ok without (the book), but really… thank you so much, its a really generous offer considering I’m essentially a stranger!!

Thank you mate :slight_smile:

ChadHogan:
but really… thank you so much, its a really generous offer considering I’m essentially a stranger!!

We’re grooming you! :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

ChadHogan:
but really… thank you so much, its a really generous offer considering I’m essentially a stranger!!

We’re grooming you! :open_mouth:

Don’t see what all the fuss is about… I feel so wanted :slight_smile: hahaha

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:

ahhh cool… I’ll have a look and download it :smiley: I should (hopefully!) be ok without (the book), but really… thank you so much, its a really generous offer considering I’m essentially a stranger!!

No problem, someone may as well make use of it, think I paid £13.99 off Amazon, I would stick the thing on eBay but the postage will kill me, I will stick it on the book shelf and smile at it :slight_smile: . The app is good though and I practiced on it while I was at work, if I had been sat there with that bloody book they would have clocked on what I was upto :wink:

peterboroughmatt:

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:

No problem, someone may as well make use of it, think I paid £13.99 off Amazon, I would stick the thing on eBay but the postage will kill me, I will stick it on the book shelf and smile at it :slight_smile: . The app is good though and I practiced on it while I was at work, if I had been sat there with that bloody book they would have clocked on what I was upto :wink:

Just been to Apex and they showed me the book… Yeah… You’d have struggled to read that indiscreetly haha. Think I’m gonna download the app. Did you book your medical with who Apex suggested? It’s £50 which seems about right! Hope your test went/goes well! :smiley:

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:

Just been to Apex and they showed me the book… Yeah… You’d have struggled to read that indiscreetly haha. Think I’m gonna download the app. Did you book your medical with who Apex suggested? It’s £50 which seems about right! Hope your test went/goes well! :smiley:

I was going to buy no I used my own doctor as I have a medical condition that needed explaining, it’s all included in the £1363 though.

Ahhhh cool… fair enough! Might ask my old man too who he’s used in the past… I’ve found one in 'borough for £30 but again need to do some checks… but at least it isn’t extortionate!

Your looking at about £50 mate, Millfield Medical was the place to go before he got jailed :open_mouth:

It’s all abit of a racket and I’m surprised they let it go on, u could tell the cash in hand doctors any old thing, I wanted to do it right so paid the extra and was honest but each to their own.

peterboroughmatt:
Your looking at about £50 mate, Millfield Medical was the place to go before he got jailed :open_mouth:

It’s all abit of a racket and I’m surprised they let it go on, u could tell the cash in hand doctors any old thing, I wanted to do it right so paid the extra and was honest but each to their own.

Yeaaaah it sounds it by the variation in price! I think I’ll go with the one Apex recommended as its £50 and can’t foresee any problems… I hope!

Did you just practice your hazard perception online I guess?

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:

I did the Hazard AND the Theory on that App I mentioned.

peterboroughmatt:

ChadHogan:

peterboroughmatt:

I did the Hazard AND the Theory on that App I mentioned.

I downloaded the hazard perception part too! :grimacing: