new driver

hi all,

past class 1 last Friday(still very excited about it all)

was just wondering if there is a way around this 2 yrs exp barrier, I know I have to start off at the bottom, already registered with a few agencies, have been for a while now, any help would be greatly appreciated !!

No barriers when they need a driver now !!

I think I’m in a bit of a hurry, only passed on Friday, just cant wait to start working :slight_smile:, had an interview with an agency yesterday and he was talking about this 2yr exp hurdle, feels like I’m never gonna get into the world of class 1 :frowning:

Keep knocking on doors of smaller family type firms, usually those who are willing to
Give newbies a shot

TJ82:
Keep knocking on doors of smaller family type firms, usually those who are willing to
Give newbies a shot

Especially if doing that early on a Monday morning with all your kit in your boot

where there is a will, there is a way! I landed on my feet bigtime, I have held my licence for 10-12years but never used it. Got in touch with a company, told them my situation and they gave me an assessment and 2 days “training” and I am now doing regular weekend and holiday work, been doing it for 3 weekends now and was in a 14 plate truck last weekend!! And I am on a decent rate of pay!! Not the best by any stretch but paying the debts!! Result!! Get the right company at the right time and experience dunt matter!!!

Claretmac:
where there is a will, there is a way! I landed on my feet bigtime, I have held my licence for 10-12years but never used it. Got in touch with a company, told them my situation and they gave me an assessment and 2 days “training” and I am now doing regular weekend and holiday work, been doing it for 3 weekends now and was in a 14 plate truck last weekend!! And I am on a decent rate of pay!! Not the best by any stretch but paying the debts!! Result!! Get the right company at the right time and experience dunt matter!!!

well done buddy, that’s really cool, hopefully lady luck will be on my side soon :slight_smile: