New driver wanting work

Hi

I am 28 and just passed my artic licence a few weeks back and looking for a company that might employ me. I have all my cpc training up to date. I have being looking around on websites and every advert states that they looking for some one with at least 2 years exp. Should i try the likes of nolan transport, stobart and a few other big companys around. Just wondering if they would employ some one like me with no experience or would i be better off staying away from them companys and try a few small local company first. (I live in ireland by the way) Any advice would be very much helpfull

Hi I was in a similar situation a short time ago. I went door knocking with my CV in hand. Around my way we are limited with the amount of companies. The main biggies won’t look at you till 2 years has passed etc.

Even the smaller ones are not really interested. But I will say everywhere is different.

I ended up getting some class 2 multi drop to start building my experience. I will see where that leads me.

Good luck on the hunt.

One thing i can guarantee in this business is that nobody will come & ask you if you would like to drive for them. To that end I would say try every company you can, preferably in person with a CV available to drop off. You never know when a job might pop up in this game. If you don’t ask etc.

You’ve a lot more chance in Ireland than over here. There are still a lot of small family owned firms over there.
Have a day out, knock on some doors, Take your gear with you so you’re ready to start work straight away.
Where abouts are you?

Thanks guys, Will take the advice on board

Don’t trust the agency adverts on Directgov website. On the other hand, John Raymond Transport have vacancies for c1 out of Swindon. That’s on Directgov. £500 pw was the wage posted.

keith.b20:
Hi

I am 28 and just passed my artic licence a few weeks back and looking for a company that might employ me. I have all my cpc training up to date. I have being looking around on websites and every advert states that they looking for some one with at least 2 years exp. Should i try the likes of nolan transport, stobart and a few other big companys around. Just wondering if they would employ some one like me with no experience or would i be better off staying away from them companys and try a few small local company first. (I live in ireland by the way) Any advice would be very much helpfull

Stobarts take on newly qualified drivers mate.