New Driver Wannabe her !HELLO EVERYONE!

hi all,

my name is Dave,

total newbie around here and to driving anything bigger than a car. bit of back ground iv been stuck in a bit of a dead end job for the past 5 years and in dire need of new challenge, so i have decided to turn my hand to Driving…

i have my Medical booked and Provisional form ready to send once that is complete and hoping to be passed the Cat c by February at the latest

just want to get a bit of heads up really and see if there are any other Bristol based drivers that can recommend a good training provider? and keep me in the lope when the time comes to finding that all important first Job.

all credit where its due this site has been a major help with plenty of useful links

thanks everyone

any recommendation of a driving trainer in Bristol or surrounding areas ■■

have looked at Somax in Nailsea and just tried to call Training force in Avonmouth but there Number doesnt work ?

Avoid brokers

A read of this might be an advantage

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

animal:
Avoid brokers

A read of this might be an advantage

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

thanks will have a read now

Hope you read all the stickies near the top of this forum before you paid any money out for a medical or training etc ?

Hello and welcome from me - another newbie also going for Cat C :slight_smile:

Have a good read around the New & Wannabe forum as there’s loads of really useful info and tips.

Good luck with your new career choice :wink:

I cant recommend and wont, but Western Driver Training is seen around the area a lot and has been around since the donkey (30 YEARS ).
also N-Gaged do both C and C+E. did my DCPC with N-Gaged.

also be prepared for the new licence no can employ you as its a hard slog getting that 1st foot hold.
You’ll get given the ■■■■ jobs that no-one wants most of the time if you can even get that drive.

Oh and you might get that C+E ticket but it means nothing :open_mouth: it don’t give you any additional rights over anything it just says you past a test on a certain date.
Some drivers believe that its their god given right to only drive C+E believe me you’ll drive anything if it pays the bills.

No that I’ve Peed on any dreams you may have Good luck , The work and Jobs are out there if your willing to work and like I said take the crack stains with the cream :wink:

nick2008:
I cant recommend and wont, but Western Driver Training is seen around the area a lot and has been around since the donkey (30 YEARS ).
also N-Gaged do both C and C+E. did my DCPC with N-Gaged.

also be prepared for the new licence no can employ you as its a hard slog getting that 1st foot hold.
You’ll get given the [zb] jobs that no-one wants most of the time if you can even get that drive.

Oh and you might get that C+E ticket but it means nothing :open_mouth: it don’t give you any additional rights over anything it just says you past a test on a certain date.
Some drivers believe that its their god given right to only drive C+E believe me you’ll drive anything if it pays the bills.

No that I’ve Peed on any dreams you may have Good luck , The work and Jobs are out there if your willing to work and like I said take the crack stains with the cream :wink:

western driver training never heard of them will have a google later

N-gaged is that the one in Brislington ■■

yeah i been warned about trying to get that first job, its a risk im willing to take thought and im sure i will make it pay off in the long run.
as for C+E is one of those things that im sure is always good to have on your licence anyway even if you dont use it for a while!

cupcake1973:
Hello and welcome from me - another newbie also going for Cat C :slight_smile:

Have a good read around the New & Wannabe forum as there’s loads of really useful info and tips.

Good luck with your new career choice :wink:

hello and thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

yeah when i get time i need to have a good read spend the best part of an hour this morning watching a Video on CPC mod 4 seems so exciting…

ROG:
Hope you read all the stickies near the top of this forum before you paid any money out for a medical or training etc ?

unfortunately i didnt :frowning:

i did ask a friend who is a taxi driver tho and got the medical for £56 i think it was

welcome!! i closed my business at the beginning of august. since then, ive done my medical, theory, cat c, c+e, cpc and found a full time job on artics. It might not be the best firm, but its a foot in the door of the industry! The good folks here have recommended other firms to apply to that are local to me too, and i’ll be looking at those. I loved doing my training and the new experience of finding work in a new industry, it can be done in limited time! My tip for interview, wear a shirt and tie, polished boots,take a hi viz and gloves, and make a great first impression. good luck with it!

rick parfitt:
welcome!! i closed my business at the beginning of august. since then, ive done my medical, theory, cat c, c+e, cpc and found a full time job on artics. It might not be the best firm, but its a foot in the door of the industry! The good folks here have recommended other firms to apply to that are local to me too, and i’ll be looking at those. I loved doing my training and the new experience of finding work in a new industry, it can be done in limited time! My tip for interview, wear a shirt and tie, polished boots,take a hi viz and gloves, and make a great first impression. good luck with it!

thanks

and great tip about that about the hi vis and gloves i will defiantly do that when the time is right!

a college of mine has recently passed his cat c and hasn’t really been looking for a job but has rang a few places out of curiosity and has been offered a ‘ride along’ next week with Brakes and if he likes the work they do (Multi drop) then he can have an interview. sound reasonable to me as a new driver and the kind of approach i would expect from a company taking on new drivers its all good experience

I can say 24/7 staffing in yate might be a starting point for agency newbies. Ask for Jess. I’ve recommended others who have ended up temp to perm and been taken on.